Author Topic: Whitefish NW Ontario  (Read 898 times)

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Whitefish NW Ontario
« on: Jan 03, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Greetings from Kenora.
The following is a wrap-up of todays adventure in North Western Ontario featuring yours truly, viciouscircle and the fisherman currently known as Mark.
We arrived at Shoal Lake about 09:00 and after a short snowmobile ride we were fishing in earnest for some whitefish. Soon after arriving the action began and I am happy to report that viciouscircle caught his very first, and subsequent 2nd, 3rd etc., etc. whitefish of his fishing career. I did pretty good myself with a final tally of 12. Mark, who has yet to register here and get a nickname, garnered about 5 or 6 himself.
Mak and I have fished a lot together over the last 5 years and we were very happy to invite viciouscircle, Simon, to join us. We hit it off really well and are looking to get together again in the near future in the pursuit of some Lake Trout.
Below I have some photos showng some of the highlights. I'm sure Simon will have some of his own to post.

Hers is Simon showing some excellent form

And here is Simon showing an excellent result

Here is a pic of my haul for the day

Here Mark and Simon are cleaning their catches

And here is the end result of some of my catch

All in all a great days fishing. Met a new friend. Caught a bunch of fish. Didn't drown ;)
Life doesn't get any better.
Regards,
Glen

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Whitefish NW Ontario
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2008, 10:48 PM »
You slayed them, fantastic fishing Snakehunter

Got a whitie trip lined up for Feb. It will be a first for me  :laugh:

Thanks for the report.

-Andrew

Andrew

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
Re: Whitefish NW Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2008, 11:43 PM »
Hey Snakehunter,

i cant thank you and Mark enough really, not only THE best days ice fishing ive EVER had yet, you guys were great fun to fish with. Good report too by the way but i dont know about winning anything in the Tourney for the fish supper :laugh:.

I'd love to have seen what that big one was that got away...oh well i'm sure we'll get another go at it someday. I got roughly the same pics as you posted but i got a good shot of you and Mark giving your full attention to the job at hand, i was surprised that i took so few pictures but i guess it s because i usually catch less and have more time on my hands to take them.

I did have to laugh at the dance performed for us for the first hour by you running between your 2 rods from bite after bite, Mark joined in too for half an hour there too, whilst my dance mainly consisted of stamping of feet at the fish i kept losing..great fun!  Once again, Thanks for a great day out really looking forward to next thursday's trout expedition. Tight lines tomorrow for the 'eyes if ya go..cheers VC.

SNAKEHUNTER AND MARK.....TRULY FOCUSED

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.