Author Topic: New Members Stop By and Introduce Yourself  (Read 6316 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: New Members Stop By and Introduce Yourself
« Reply #60 on: Jan 14, 2008, 02:58 PM »
 Hello fellow icefishermen-women,
Just wanted to clarify somethings from my post on Jan.10. the regulation regarding only being able to icefish certain waters for trout has been in place for years. Only in the last year has New York state adopted new laws concerning live bait fish in an effort to control the spread of viral hemorrhagic septicemia (vhs). please for give my spelling. 
                                         Steve                                                                     

Offline Confused

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 14, 2008, 06:44 PM »
Just want to update my post.

I FINALLY CAUGHT SOME FISH!!!

I went out this evening with my son in a different spot and pulled up several very small perch and even a small bass. Ice fishing is alot more fun when you are catching fish  ;D . I am going to try to go back to the same area atleast once this week.

Jason

Trooper Bri

« Reply #62 on: Jan 14, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Hello all.

Joined the site a month or two ago after hearing about it from a couple friends on a fishing site here in CT. Been fishing for 6 years or so now. We get a great variety of fishing available to us in CT, but the ice is my favorite. We have a popular local fishing website, and it's a great place to organize site outings and trips.

Love the site, especially the shanty projects. No particular favorite fish i target, whatever the lake holds. Although, for some reason, i've never landed a pike, period. So i guess that's my objective. Don't think i've gotten a smallie through the ice either.

My gear includes:
 Frabill Recon shanty
 Nils 8" hand auger
 6 HT Original Polar tipups, spooled w/ orange dacron braid
 Frabill rod / reel
 MarCum LX-1 flasher
 Original blue Ice Armor
 Redball Boundary boots w/ 3/8 stainless hex screws

Here's a pic of me on my favorite lake, Winchester.

With a little luck, maybe i'll run into a New Englander from the site somewhere this season .

Offline Bluuurry Eyedjs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 15, 2008, 10:57 AM »
hey you all new member here excellent site looking for info on bay of quinte ice conditions and the bite planning a trip for 25 26 27 ALSO so interested in G2G FROM cent NY any new rules regs have not been up in 2years  love the BIG EYES any info greatly appreciated  and hopefully be able to return the favor   HARD WATER FOR ALL :tipup:

Offline walleyewacker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 15, 2008, 12:13 PM »
my name is scott, from lake winnebago area, 98% walleye fishin is my thing, with some panfish and great lakes trot and salmon, throw a few smallies in there to.   great website but still cannot figure out how to post pictures

Offline Bullseye6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 18, 2008, 01:25 PM »
Hello everyone, great site, lots of info.  I live in Mid-Michigan and fish for whatever bites the end of my line.

Offline outdoorsman200

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 18, 2008, 01:28 PM »
wnt one time hopefully going again tommorow fish in central PA for whatever bites the bait

slamminwalleyes

« Reply #67 on: Jan 18, 2008, 01:47 PM »
I missed this forum so her it is.....1st off Hello Howdy Hi Hey Yo whats up..... Wow this is 1 BIG Shanty here 16,041 folks that one must be my Newbie a$$. Well I'm one that let the cold air in the shanty a few time now an then thought I'd best pull up a bucket an sit awhile. A little about me i have a family 3 great kids an the most excellent wife ever...
By that i mean there not a what where when how long with who or how come... Sorry guys shes all mine!!!! An i will protect her till i draw my last breath! We live of the land as much as possible. Some of my hobby's are Hunting,Fishing,Trapping,Gold Prospecting,BBQ's Morels,Cutting Wood & lots of it , O did i mention FISHING!
Be Safe an Rip some Lips!

Offline dukcalr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 18, 2008, 02:23 PM »
I'm from western NE, near the WY border and love to fish for lm bass and walleye, but will fish for anything that swims.  I usually fish with my 11 year old son but am always looking for another ethical fisherfriend.  Fishin and huntin is what drives me to work when I have to, gotta buy more toys or try another lake or ...

Love this site, still learning everytime I go.

Dukcalr

Offline Jack Ryan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 18, 2008, 02:34 PM »
Howdy ladies and gents.

I learned ice fishing when I lived in Wisconsin about 10 years ago. We don't get much ice here where I live in southern Indiana but when we do I make use of it. I use Beaver Dam and Polar tip ups and I've got a few jigging rods.
"Be the one you want to catch"

Offline psychobubba

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish on fish long
« Reply #70 on: Jan 18, 2008, 06:35 PM »
didn't see this page , so here i go again HI I am BUBBA and I am :icefish: fishing addict I am hunting (anything i can eat )  addict beer addict  :laugh:

Offline SoleSearcher34

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Jan 18, 2008, 06:56 PM »
 FROM DENVER COLORADO                                                                                                                                      Hi guys my name is Jeremy just found this site this week and signed up first day....seems like good crowd here.
My name comes from the fact that I spend so much time out by myself on solo trips hiking around the rocky mountains here in colorado searching for big elk and mule deer shed horns but applies equally well to how I find most of my good fishin spots.....on foot.  Just getting into hard water fishing and it seems we have some pretty decent ice fishing here for perch, trout, lakers, pike, kokanee, a few crappie spots and walleye when the denver area lakes get iced(doesn't happen every year)  I just moved to the denver area a couple years ago so I still have alot to learn about local options but I have discovered a great 3-4month bite day or night on walleye with a better than good shot at 10lb & up fish with a real chance at one over 14lbs as well as shallow water sight fishing on 4# fluorocarbon for hybrid stripers that go from 8lbs on the small side to well above 15lbs(I see 20# plus fish cruising on most outings) then come fall I am either bowhunting elk or guiding someone to them.  The ice fishing seems like the finishing touch to fill in about a 3 month gap and there is nothing quite like it. (although getting spooled from shore on a huge open water eyeball with 6lb is an exciting deal)  I wish good hard ice & a hot bite to everyone out there. 
"Always an adventure, never an Ordeal"

Offline notsoeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Jan 21, 2008, 09:25 PM »
I tried fishing open water on both ends of Oneida Lake but no luck.  I figured it was too cold for eyes to be chasing a stick bait so I tried jigging a minnow.  Hope the ice comes soon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.