Author Topic: New Members Stop By and Introduce Yourself  (Read 6317 times)

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New Members Stop By and Introduce Yourself
« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2008, 03:36 PM »
new here from northern Illinois by rockford six miles south of the cheese curtain do some fishing in Illinois but most in southern Wisconsin basically if it swims in the water i am after it threw the hard water but come open water it is time for the ranger and all bass baby ;)
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline Adam Bomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: Jan 05, 2008, 06:54 PM »
Hey everybody,
Adam here from MI. Im an outdoor junky. I love to hunt, fish(hard and soft water), and camp. My homewaters are Lake Huron's Saginaw Bay, so naturally i love fishing the big water. And as soon as Turkey seasons over in April, thats exactly where youll find me chasing walleyes. By the time July hits ive had my fill of walleye and i head to the west side of the state to fish Lake Michigan for Kings, Steelies and Cohos. Once September rolls around its time to hunt from there on out. I hunt small game, upland birds, waterfowl as well as deer before winter sets in and its time for the hardwater. Once Saginaw Bay freezes up good ill be after those pesky walleys again. :)

Besides hunting, fishing and camping i also enjoy lure building. I build my own jigs, jigging spoons, crawler harnesses as well as paint spoon and spinner blanks.....Nothing better than making your own tackle. ;) I also enjoy sausage/jerky making. Gotta love wild game cookin'!!!

cya on the board....A-bomb  8)
Get your MOJO rising.
Adam

Offline NamVet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 05, 2008, 07:35 PM »
 New to Wisconsin and icefishing.  Moved to Kiel, WI from Maryland about 8 mos. ago. after retiring.  Been out twice but no results yet.  Not sure what I'm doing yet, but having fun learning.  The site has been a big help in getting me started.

Offline monklej

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 05, 2008, 09:36 PM »
Been lurking a while.  Looks like a great site.  I'm in Northeast Illinois (just south of the Wisconsin border).  Like to fish walleye, panfish, catfish...if it swims I'll try anything once.

Offline notsoeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 06, 2008, 04:06 AM »
I'm from Central NY near Oneida Lake and started fishing again after 25 - 30 years.  I mainly fish for bass but wasn't ready to put my pole down yet so I tried my hand at walleyes.  My name reflects my experiences with eyes.  I was catching them casting from shore but it has been quite frustrating through the ice so far.  My first ice fishing experience was last week in the Bay of Quinte.  The ice was 4-6 in, and we fished in 20-29 fow.  I got all the little ones and perch out of the way so the others could catch the 6-8 pounders.  I know they can be much larger but it was still awesome to see those fish coming through the ice - just wish one of them were mine.  I bought a fl8 vex and I'm going to be on Oneida and possibly on Delta Lake.  I tried fishing without a vex and decided it was the first thing I needed.  I also need a shanty but I am going to wait until the spring when I might catch it on sale.  In the mean time, a couple of fishing buddies are great at lending me some of the stuff that I need.

Offline cuznalfy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Location Mt.
« Reply #35 on: Jan 07, 2008, 12:40 PM »
ben  lurking for a couple years from montana fish for perch, ling, pike, walleye, trout  :tipup: ;D

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 08, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Hello from Connecticut love fishing and icefishing like to catch anything that will bite, but mainly trout and bass. Would like to get into more pike fishing. :)

Offline David Barber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 08, 2008, 11:20 AM »
Hi.  My name is Dave.  And I am a fishaholic.

From North Twin Cities area in MN.  Have been ice fishing for 25+ years.  I am an Ice Fishing guide and a pro-staff member of Lindy Fishing Tackle.  Have been a memeber of quite a few forums for some time but stumbled across this due to a post on one of the other forums.  I strive to share my fishing knowledge and experiences to give back to those that helped me along my way!

Dave

Offline imtellinyou

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:15 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Alan, and I live in Jay, Maine.  I just recently got back into ice fishing after spending three long years suffering through snow-less winters, and only open water fishing. Now I'm back for good, and plan on spending some quality time on the ice. I love fishing for trout, togue, and salmon, and of course anything else that will bite.
Glad to be on the ice again.

Offline Big Worm

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bring a Lantern, thats when they bite...!!!!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 08, 2008, 01:03 PM »
I wanted to say hello to everyone, I have been a hardwater fisherman for only three years now but have been a life long fisherman. I absolutely love the sport and wish I had gotten into it sooner. I am convinced that I rather be ice fishing than sitting on my boat, how bad is that. I live in upstate NY next to the the Tomhanock resevior. I love to fish for everything. I fish all of the local lakes and like to venture up to the Adirondacks. Well I will stop here nice to talk to everyone and GOOD LUCK!!!!  :tipup:
Flag Up!!!! FISH ON!!!!

Offline DustyRhyno

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Giddy up!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 08, 2008, 02:57 PM »
Hi all,
Just found the site a few days ago. Awesome! I've been at the sport off and on for about 40 years.(damn that makes me sound old)
Grew up fishing the Chain O Lakes area in northeast Ill. and transplanted to south central Nebraska 15 years ago. Mainly fish for panfish.

Offline 68Goat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 08, 2008, 03:04 PM »
Hi everyone, John from just west of the twin cities in MN.  
I just found the site yesterday and signed up right away.
Thanks to my parents, I grew up fishing and hunting here in MN, oh darn.   ;D
My wife of just under 1 year and I live in Carver county.  We love to fish Winni, Mille Lacs and the local lakes as much as we can both, hard and soft water.   We took this last summer off from tournament fishing but prior to that I fished the MN FLW Walleye league as a boater for the 3 previous years and her as a co-angler the 3rd year.  We are looking at getting back into it this coming summer probably doing a partners circuit like the MTT or something along that line.
We also love duck and goose hunting...we normally do 1 trip to ND to chase ducks other than that we spend most of our time field hunting honkers here in MN.

Offline cookitup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 08, 2008, 04:14 PM »
Glad to be aboard and hopefullycan learn a few things from everybody. From Southern NH and love to fish rainbows and large & small mouth bass. hope every one is having a wonderful day out there.

Offline jamesdegitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:12 PM »
I'm from N.E. Indiana and fish mainly for gills through the ice.  Ocasionally I'll go for crappie after dark.  I do agree that hardwater fishing is a blast......but it's hard to beat flippin' docks for big bass!!!!!!!
I'm not getting skunked, I'm just eliminating water

Offline pyle762

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 09, 2008, 11:06 AM »
My name is Brian. I am 32 year old. I live in Arizona, and yes that is where I ice fish at ;D Here all the ice fishing is for trout, with a few lakes that have bass, catfish and pike freezing if we have a good cold spell. I have been ice fishing for about 10 years now.

Offline ol reb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 09, 2008, 11:48 AM »
where ya from? What do you like to fish for
Hello it seems that i have found the perfect site for ice walkers. I am from otsego county N Y . I like to fish for  all pan fish but eyes are my favorite. Myself and some friends are goint to schroon aand paradox lake in the adirondics for lakers and pike. Any help on location for catching these fish would be appreciated.

Offline havejigwilltravel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 09, 2008, 01:11 PM »
hey fells.i'm from lake hiawatha(there used to be a lake,now it's a swim club) nj.i fish in nj if there is ice(not yet this year) and ny.i travel to fish.went to copake,green and saratoga this past weekend.ice is sketchy in ny.haven't tried nj yet.hope to run into iceshanty fishermen out on the ice.i'm on ch 7 on the radio.no replies to the radio checks this past weekend.

Offline moegtar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 09, 2008, 08:34 PM »
Been surfing this site for a about five six years.  I am located in Indiana, local conservation officer got me addicted to ice fishing years back, my wife thinks I am nuts.  Been in law-enforcment for sixteen years and been raised in the outdoors.  Fish local waters and private fishing area where I work security.  Also been fishing in Wisconsin since I was twelve, my father has fished same lake for over thirty five years.  My goal is to move up north after I retire, but will have to leave wife in warmer climate.  Don't really chat on computer, but this site is addictive.  Thanks for having me join along.  My screen name is from my police canine that came from Russia

Offline snohiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just give me water hard or not and ill be happy
« Reply #48 on: Jan 09, 2008, 08:55 PM »
hello all my name is rob im from southern part of nh and haveing a great time here

Offline jabers69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #49 on: Jan 09, 2008, 10:07 PM »
Welcome to great site
hook and cook

Offline ShackRat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Jan 09, 2008, 10:52 PM »
im from madison wisconsin and love ice fishng for anything that swims.  just wanted to say that this forum is awesome! i love the comidians... seriously you couldnt find guys this cool anywhere else
PBR... the beer of the gods!

Offline moegtar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 10, 2008, 09:31 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, I have learned a lot by just surfing the site.  I enjoy reading the comments and always like to learn more about the sport.  I have a digital camera, but I think my teenage daughter will have to assist with loading pictures.  Looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully get to ice fish with some of you guys some day.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #52 on: Jan 10, 2008, 01:18 PM »
                                                                                                                    Greetings everyone as I stated in my first post (new member ) I'm a custodian hence the username Mr.clean,currently live in New Windsor,NY. been ice fishing around twenty years introduce to the sport by a family friend. I fish mostly for  panfish ,chain pickerel ,bass and trout also do some salt water (dock-shore ) fishing. Mostly use tipups but will probably do more jigging this year with the new live bait regulations here in new york, state is trying to stop the spread of a virus called vhs. we can only ice fish for trout on certain waters.                                               

tightlines-flagsup        Steve

Multi-Master

« Reply #53 on: Jan 10, 2008, 01:20 PM »
hello all my name is Dwight from Southeast Michigan.  I like to fish for anything that bites.
this site looks pretty sweet so far. 

Offline NY TROOPER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Jan 10, 2008, 05:21 PM »
Squatting in upstate NY waiting for the water to harden!  Lakers, walley and pike! Howdy' to you all by the way!

Offline bigfjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 10, 2008, 05:55 PM »
hi everyone, i live in durand michigan. i mostly fish for blue gill, crappie, and northerns....i love the site, my only regret is i didn't find it a month ago, so i could have entered in the tourney :laugh:

Offline miller326

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kill'em ya grill'em
« Reply #56 on: Jan 10, 2008, 05:59 PM »
nice to always get new members makes the site just that much better

Offline murphyslaw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Jan 10, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Well my name is Ian, I live in Anchorage. Have been a long time AK res. but spend a bunch of time in the states(gag). Jeepinjohn and another friend got me to go ice fishing for the first time last weekend. AND NOW IM HOOKED. I am currently building a 4-6man shanty that is fold able and insulated. Need to go out and get me some gear.

Offline Confused

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Jan 13, 2008, 10:50 PM »
Hello All, I am Jason. I am extremely new to ice fishing. My first time out was last winter in a friends permanent. We were pulling up crappies like crazy. That was the only time I went last year but I was hooked. This year I have been saving my pennies for a while and have jumped head first into it. I have spent at least $400 between Cabela's and Gander Mountain, $215 used Strikemaster XL 3000, $250 used Fish Trap Voyager, and $490 Vexilar FL-20 in just the last 2 weeks. My wife has been pretty calm about it so far. I even got her out tonight for the first time. The couple of times I have been out so far this year I have been completely skunked but, I'm not giving up just yet!

Offline Ice eye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Jan 14, 2008, 02:25 PM »

Hey great site. I've been on here as a guest and there is some great info here. I've been ice fishin for a few yrs now and I fish mostly for crappies,eyes and pike. Just caught my 1st crappie on a rapala jiggin rap. Im from northern Ill and also fish in Wisc.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.