Author Topic: My Friday report  (Read 628 times)

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
My Friday report
« on: Dec 29, 2007, 06:16 PM »
Yesterday began awful, got worse then picked right up.
Started out okay, my buddy showed up with his trailer to pick me and my sled up.
Got my machine running but the fargin' thing wouldn't run properly. Took a run down the road and it conked out. Buddy towed me back and we figured the fuel had iced up. Got wife's hair-dryer and warmed up carb. Added some Isopropyl and the sled fired right up without a hitch.
Got to Lake of the Woods about an hour later than planned but things were looking good.
Got sleds going and went about 6 miles when mine began acting up and bogging down.
Came to a stop to check things out and machine died. Smoke then began pouring out of the shroud so I popped it open to discover a nice roaring fire in the exhast area of the belly pan. Some well placed snow put it out and it was figured that maybe too much Iso was added causing some major overheat. Got machine running again and made the rest of the trip without further incident.
Finally got to fishing hole and proceeded to nail good walleye right away. I got 3 keepers in no time to buddy's one little dinky 'eye. Then the tables turned. My buddy was catching fish after fish while I got next to nothing.
I managed to get a total of about 8 walleyes and kept 4. Buddy caught about 20.
We got back to the trailer without any more problems. I have to top my tank off and dilute what is left of the Isopropyl and I'll know for sure if that was the problem.
Anyway, day ended with a nice feed of fresh Lake of the Woods Walleye. I didn't have time to take pics as the family was waiting on me for supper.
Done for another couple of days,
Glen

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
Re: My Friday report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2007, 10:06 AM »
Nice one Glen....again,

jeez the snowmachine saga sounds frustrating, and i know all about sitting watching someone else catching fish, just happened to me yesterday :-\.
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.