Author Topic: Friday Night Report  (Read 841 times)

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Friday Night Report
« on: Dec 28, 2007, 06:18 PM »
Anthony and I hit Petrie at 2:00pm - 5pm this aft. just in time for the walleye night bite. Got to Walleye Bay and noticed all the parked trucks as we were coming up the road, we got closer to the access all I could see were fisherman. Decided to go check out another spot that was hot last year...had the entire spot marked on the GPS so finding it was no problem. The only thing that was stopping us were the unknown ice conditions. We were the first ones out that way and it was pretty clear that we were right on top of the spot...Punched a few holes along the walleyes path and started hole hopping to find fish. Ice was a good 7''-8'' and a had a bit more slush than other areas. Started working the 20F - 28F zone and smacked one on the first drop. Ended catching three more from the same hole..I was 4 up on Anthony  ;D Then his hole became hot...Missing a big fish half way up in the water column, this fish had his Med.Heavy rod bent to its full...He made up for it by getting two more right after in the 16''+ range. Ended the night with 14 walleyes...Anthony caught 11 and the biggest of the night. Hoping to get back out tomorrow if I can find a partner that's up for a walk  ;D No pics, action was HOT!
Andrew

Offline bowzog

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Friday Night Report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2007, 06:45 PM »
What's this!.....no pics?......unacceptable Tippy!! ;) ;) :D ;D......jk.....good job on the 'eyes dudes!! :)
been out on the ice lately?......slip slidin' away.....slip slidin' away.....I sat down in my hut and now I'm slip slidin' away....

Offline Nodie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2007, 07:30 PM »
You guys were pretty far out  ;D Glad you did well! Can't wait to get back out tomorrow, might see you there  ;)
100% Catch n' release!

Offline TheFishstick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2007, 09:05 PM »
Nice! Way to go guys. Now I'm kicking myself for not going for a morning fish before work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.