The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Cristmas eve 19 keeps.....Pics  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
Cristmas eve 19 keeps.....Pics
« on: Dec 24, 2007, 09:36 PM »
Caught good specs and mostly gills all bout 8-10 inches, all fish were cuaght on waxies on a red fiskas horizontal jig... fish were in 20 ft of water suspended any where from 8-17 ft deep. lots of good fish but tons of almost's, caught well over one hundred fish in the 6-7 inch range, which im am not complaining about thems next years keepers, fished from3:30 till6:00 pm fish slowed way down at dark i turned the lantern way up to try en get em back into it but they shut right off, turned lantern down to where i could just barly see my rod tip, and they turned right back on. mostly gills tho which is rare for me to catch gills after dark. anyone ever played with lantern lighting and ever noticed any results? just wondering if it was coincedence or what?? Merry Cristmas to All.......-Mickey-

"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline fishyeager

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cristmas eve 19 keeps.....Pics
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2007, 10:04 PM »
Mickey - how were the ice conditions? I plan on going out 5:00AM Christmas morning around the Dexter Michigan area.

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2007, 11:11 PM »
 I have never had bluegills come into lights. Crappie will and it seems best when you can find deep water. The deeper the brighter i turn up the lantern. One lake i fish is shallow everywhere and i keep the lantern turned low for best results there. Can't beat nighttime crappie!

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2007, 12:40 PM »
Great picture!
Keep 'em coming!!!

NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com