Author Topic: Under water camera for $100  (Read 1400 times)

Offline the1jayson

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Holy Crap-E Netman
Under water camera for $100
« on: Dec 24, 2007, 10:27 AM »
Hey everyone I just bought a nice underwater camera for $99.95 at harbor freight. My uncle got the same camera over a year ago as a field test from north american fisherman, and its been great in open water as well as thru the ice. It's a very nice set-up, all contained in a nylon zippered case. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91309
theres the link but the picture doesn't do it justice. I feel that its just as good a camera as any of the high dollar ones out there. Just wanted to let everyone know, and see what your guys thought about them.

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
Re: Under water camera for $100
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2007, 11:14 AM »
sounds great! your not the only 1 jayson who spells it with a y i do too!

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2007, 01:41 PM »
Thanks for the link. Looks like a good buy. What else do you need to use these? Do you need some type of tri-pod, seems like I've seen these advertized too. How long does the battery last on the ice? Thanks!

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91309

Offline vivlamored

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2007, 01:44 PM »
 I just got one of those fishtvs as a gift they are around the same price i'll let you know how it works when i get a chance to use it

Offline chicagill35

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Bottle Bass Guy
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2007, 04:32 PM »
They worked pretty good for me, the kids loved it.  Just have alot of cable to wrap if your in deep water.
Jim

Offline the1jayson

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Holy Crap-E Netman
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2007, 08:51 PM »
the battery that came with it only lasts for about six hours, we've used a larger one like the one for a vex and we used it for a whole weekend off and on. I took an old welding wire spool to wrap the cord around. Hopefully gonna get out tomorrow to use it.  :tipup: ::) ;D

Offline Limit_Out

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go BEARS
« Reply #6 on: Dec 25, 2007, 08:40 PM »
I have the same camera but a different screen.  Bought mine cheap on ebay.  Used it for a year now.  I have had it banging against the rocks in michigan city a portage without failure.  The screen is a 7" lcd.  I mounted it to the top of my vex handle and wraped the cable around a 5 gal. bucket.  Works well and not bulky.  Also mounted it's battery under the vex screen itself on the vex frame.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2007, 02:35 AM »
I been looking to buy some type of underwater camera in next few wks, so I check everything out on camera's I find. I went to the link you gave for this camera, then clicked " download the manual ". A PDF link came up with the manual and safety warnings for this camera.

On the 2nd page under Warnings and Precautions it says. Do not use battery or monitor in damp or wet locations. Do not expose to rain.

On the 4th page at the top under safety warnings it says. " Keep monitor out of direct sunlight. Do not let it overheat, freeze, or be exposed to wet conditions.

Does all of these underwater camera systems have these warnings, I would think that since this camera is to be used only around water. They would be made water tight incase they get wet.

Think I will have to pass on this system. Can't fish with it when its snowing/raining. I fish many days when it could get wet from snow or rain

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.