Author Topic: WINDY!!! but the fish kept us warm  (Read 811 times)

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
WINDY!!! but the fish kept us warm
« on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:53 PM »
 Well woke up early this am having plans too head out to lockport and smack some saugers but.......... The trees were half bent over  :'( :o and there was no way we were hall'n our gear out just to freeze so back to bed we went.

Woke up at 10 and saw that the wind had died a little bit so we gathered up our gear and off we went. When we first arrived there were only a handful of guys so decided to go and see what sugar was like. Lots of guys out there but from recent reports decided to truck her back to lockport. got there and dragged our gear out.

Big thanks to Stu for allowing access to the river. It makes it alot easier.

By the time we got all set-up it was only about 2 and a half hours till dark so we set-up and started fish'n. first fish came within 1 minute and was a nice fat sauger. So it was steady like that until half hour before dark when it slowly tappered off but managed one little one right as we were getting up to clean up. Also met BigBrother. Great to meet ya and hopefully see you again.

Final tally for the day in 2 and a half hours was 15 saugers some big some small. Oh and I just put as stompin on the old man 14 to 1......boo yah....... tight lines every one and.....

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Re: WINDY!!! but the fish kept us warm
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2007, 09:04 PM »
great report Jiffy. Now you have a feed of sauger eh.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2007, 09:04 AM »
 No didn't keep any let em go let em grow was how that went down. Looking for a walleye more picture worthy is all.
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2007, 10:46 AM »
Good to hear you had a successful day, Jiffy!  How come kids out-fish the old guys?  Perch Pounder usually whomps me too!  ??? 
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.