Author Topic: underwater light - realistic battery expectations  (Read 820 times)

Offline snowman11

• IceShanty Rookie
underwater light - realistic battery expectations
« on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:09 PM »
I was looking at an underwater flourescent light at Dicks Sporting goods the other day.

The package says that it draws 500 mA.

Realistically, how long should an 8 Ah battery last at full charge, in the cold?

Offline Gill_Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: underwater light - realistic battery expectations
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2007, 09:35 PM »
Thats a tough one as cold and battery quality are a factor. Divide 8ah by .500 mA gives you 16 hours, So.... IMO.... 12 -14 hours approx.

Offline klzeprobe83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2007, 09:41 PM »
Thats a tough one as cold and battery quality are a factor. Divide 8ah by .500 mA gives you 16 hours, So.... IMO.... 12 -14 hours approx.

Agreed. That is a reasonable guess...

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2008, 08:09 PM »
I am no battery expert, but I was talking to a guy at a parts store. I was trying to find a bigger battery for my Aquacam. Mine only came with a 4.5 amp and would last 5-6 hrs....He told me that the "4.5amp" didn't mean how many amps it puts out before going dead. He said 4.5 amp is the chargeing rate.....I was not sure if he knew what he was talking about....

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2008, 05:53 PM »
Amp Hour or Ampere-Hour - A unit of measurement of a battery's electrical storage capacity. Current multiplied by time in hours equals ampere-hours. One amp hour is equal to a current of one ampere flowing for one hour. Also, 1 amp hour is equal to 1,000 mAh

http://www.greenbatteries.com/batteryterms.html

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.