The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: northern l.p. reports?  (Read 1501 times)

Offline theozmeister

• IceShanty Rookie
northern l.p. reports?
« on: Dec 23, 2007, 04:39 PM »
any reports of decent ice/fishing around grayling/lewiston of late? headed up in a day and wanna hit the hard stuff. any information would be greatly appreciated!

Offline craig mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: northern l.p. reports?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2007, 05:07 PM »
My dad lives on Burt, a little futher to the north, and they have good ice and they are catching some good fish.

Offline velocty98

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2007, 09:51 PM »
There's an engineer where I work who has been fishing in East Twin in Lewiston and Lake Margrethe for about two weeks now.  Over a week ago he told me there was up to 10" on Lake Margrethe.  I have a feeling those were the two lakes you had in mind by the area mentioned.  He's been doing well with the walleye.  I'm headed up there next weekend to see if I can get a few.   ;D

Offline Matthew

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2007, 10:58 PM »
Went up to fletchers pond this weekend and they were driving trucks out, seemed a little risky for me yet, but there was a bunch of them driving out.  We didn't do to bad either, caught 12 pike. It's around Atlanta.  Theres a tournament on Feb. 9th for pike if anybodies interested.

Offline theozmeister

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2007, 11:30 PM »
actually, twin is exactly where i was lookin to fish. u said they were gettin walleyes? east or west? thanks for the info, ill be up wed. so if u need any info just gimme a hollar

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2007, 08:33 AM »
actually, twin is exactly where i was lookin to fish. u said they were gettin walleyes? east or west? thanks for the info, ill be up wed. so if u need any info just gimme a hollar

Yeah i have a cottage on little twin... i was wondering if they were catching fish because over the summer the lake was absolutely terrrible compared to recent years.... but what end to they get the walleyes on, by the launch or by the camp access
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2007, 08:41 AM »
Yeah i have a cottage on little twin... i was wondering if they were catching fish because over the summer the lake was absolutely terrrible compared to recent years.... but what end to they get the walleyes on, by the launch or by the camp access

CORRECTION...big twin
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline velocty98

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2007, 10:49 AM »
It's East Twin that my buddy has been fishing.  He hasn't caught high numbers of walleye, but he's gotten maybe half a dozen in the 24" range this year.  The preferred bait seems to be a swimming rap.  As far as depth/location, i'm not sure.  I'm off until after the first of the year, so I can't get more info until then.

Good Luck!

Offline theozmeister

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2007, 04:11 PM »
thanks for the info, really appreciate it. never fished east, but ive always done real well on west. have a nice holiday

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.