Author Topic: Weather ?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Weather ?
« on: Dec 23, 2007, 11:51 AM »
Well, so much for a winter full of snow and cold temps. The rain this morning is sure something else  :o Not good at all and if you look at the forecast for the next couple weeks theres not much of a change.

So much for the coldest winter in 15 years  >:( Just when I thought I might land my first laker through the ice over the break...oh well. Might have to hold back on the Fish-Trap Pro and FL-20 I was all over until way after Christmas now  ::)

>:(
Andrew

Offline TheFishstick

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Weather ?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2007, 12:06 PM »
Yeah this is definetly very frustrating weather! I too thought that I was going to get a heck of a lot more ice fishing in over the holidays but it isn't looking too good right now. Looks like I got my hopes up too high too soon with all that early ice we got...

Offline Seaweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2007, 01:00 PM »
Actually this rain might be a Godsend.  It will knock down those big snow banks a bit and make it easier to get around out there once it freezes again.  We will be back in business soon fellas... just hang in there. 

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2007, 01:17 PM »
I agree with ya Chris... I was walking thru some 18" on the ice a few days back and saw a quad get stuck a couple times yesterday.  I'm glad to see it melt down and then freeze.  It'll thicken the top layer of ice too, so get your Jiffy's out boys!

Don

Offline *Wiggler*

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2007, 01:52 PM »
I think it should help with the snow as well. I was fishing near Plevna this weekend and there was atleast 1.5-2 ft of snow on the ground. On the lake there was about 4-5" of good ice and 1-2" of white ice. Then water/slush which was covered with snow. Made it quite difficult to walk on (and be stealthy  ::) ).
The rain should lessen the amount of snow and when it refreezes it will all be solid. Good times

Offline bowzog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2007, 04:15 PM »
I'm lovin' the rain.....it'll meltdown the snow and when it freezes again we'll have ideal conditions. I might still get the baitmobile out on the ice yet!! ;D ;D
been out on the ice lately?......slip slidin' away.....slip slidin' away.....I sat down in my hut and now I'm slip slidin' away....

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Yea, we got stuck a few times  :)

Ditto that...I wouldn't mind having to walk on a glare feild of ice too fellas but we are going to need a deep freeze before that happens. There will most likely be slush for days with temps like that  :o

The weather is always changing...alls we can do is can do is just wait for a front to move through. It's not stopping me from fishing  ;D

Hoping to get out tomorrow or for a Wed. night walleye bite. Anyone else?

-Andrew
Andrew

Offline getnjiggywithit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2007, 06:42 PM »
The rain really firmed things up alot  as it was much easier to get around today :)

Offline Rich

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:29 PM »
I will be out tomorrw for a while, I will be wearing my rubber boots though! I think the rain is a good thing as well, just wish it was going to be a little colder this week but the day time high's are around 0 and the low's -6 so it will keep the ice ok, just a little messy on top! Just stay clear of any areas with current!!!
I love my Clam, Vex, Mr. Buddy...

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2007, 10:35 PM »
I will be out tomorrw for a while, I will be wearing my rubber boots though! I think the rain is a good thing as well, just wish it was going to be a little colder this week but the day time high's are around 0 and the low's -6 so it will keep the ice ok, just a little messy on top! Just stay clear of any areas with current!!!

Can't get out tomorrow  >:(

Good luck!
Andrew

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.