The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Christmas break plans?  (Read 2150 times)

Offline jasong31

• Team IceShanty Regular
Christmas break plans?
« on: Dec 18, 2007, 01:04 PM »
Anybody making any special plans for Christmas break? I took the day after off, so I'm thinking about hitting up promished land upper...

You?

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Christmas break plans?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2007, 01:23 PM »
Nice to have some time off eh? I'm going out this Saturday somewhere, haven't made up my mind where yet. Sucked getting washed out last weekend but with the ice on the roads and the crap that was falling out of the sky it was a no brainer to stay close to home.
nybe
Never Leave to find Fish!

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2007, 02:21 PM »
goin out sun. and mon. to either leaser or lake towhee since towhee has about 3.5 4 inches in spots

Offline jasong31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2007, 02:24 PM »
Nice to have some time off eh? I'm going out this Saturday somewhere, haven't made up my mind where yet. Sucked getting washed out last weekend but with the ice on the roads and the crap that was falling out of the sky it was a no brainer to stay close to home.
nybe

Yeah its real nice.. First christmas eve off in a few years now... Its almost like a mini vacation for me... First ive seen in a long long time...

Where you headed Sat? I'm hoping pl is up to 6 inches or so... going to try to get out there...

Offline ranger22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2007, 03:28 PM »
off all week probably spending most of it on minisink.
and planning a trip to whitney pt. res. in NY. if i can get
an accurate report on ice thickness.

Offline iceman61

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2007, 09:39 AM »
Anybody making any special plans for Christmas break? I took the day after off, so I'm thinking about hitting up promished land upper...

You?
thinking of hitting promised land upper wed. it will be my first time ice fishing there so im noy to familiar with the lake

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 25, 2007, 10:28 AM »
thinking of hitting promised land upper wed. it will be my first time ice fishing there so im noy to familiar with the lake

iceman,

Driving north on route 390, look for the 2nd right turn AFTER pasing the lake overflow. Follow the signs to the Ridgefield Point access. Standing at the point, looking to your left you will see Pickerel Point. The area about half way between the two (and north) is a good starting point for first-timers at PL.  ;)

Looking forward to a positive report as we will likely be heading up that way on Thursday.

Offline goosebuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 25, 2007, 07:46 PM »
Hey Fastribs,where did you go and how did you do? Keep in touch maybe we could hook up some time. I live near Souderton.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 25, 2007, 11:23 PM »
Good luck to you guys; I'll be laying sheathing and felt paper on a roof; otherwise I'd be right there. Probably can't escape till the weekend. Keep us posted.

Offline jiggin617

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rocks!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2007, 09:50 AM »
Good luck to all you guys going out this week. I too am stuck at work this week. Planning to hit Promised Land and Mauch Chunk this weekend.

Offline ComplexSimon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Looking for the clear and solid stuff...
« Reply #10 on: Dec 27, 2007, 07:47 AM »
All my plans for the Holiday season are now gone as the temps are rising into the 50s again...wait, where did I put those gold clubs?

*sigh*

Each frozen wasteland holds a gem, the successful ice angler is 95% patient & 5% crazy!

Offline iceman61

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 27, 2007, 12:15 PM »
Iceman/VanCleaver, I'm heading to upper PL tomorrow with a friend. Leaving Pocono Summit at 8:30 a.m. I will be at the lake before 9 a.m. We are probably starting at the car top launch prior to reaching the left turn onto pickerel point (about 1/2 way from first left to pickerel point). Look for a charcoal colored extended cab Chevy Silverado. We will be at the mouth of the bay. You are welcome to join us. We will probably move to pickerel point later in the day.    Mark
THANKS FOR THE INVITE, I HAD ALL MY EQUIPMENT SET UP TO MEET YOU OUT THERE THURSDAY TILL MY SON REMINDED ME ABOUT HIS BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT AT D.V. GOOD THING THOU WITH THE RAIN COMING DOWN. IM HITTING SHOHOLA FRI. I'LL GIVE A REPORT , LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MADE OUT.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.