The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: get your license online!!  (Read 1909 times)

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
get your license online!!
« on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:59 PM »
If you buy your license online you can print off as many copies as you want. meaning one for your shanty. one for your car, one for your boat, if you put them everywhere youl always have one!!!

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
Re: get your license online!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2007, 10:04 PM »
You realize what people are doing now with all these licenses online.  Sans NY, people have taken such sickening advantage of being able to copy these licenses into their computer and then switching names, addresses, stats, and numbers and reselling the license for pennies on the dollar.  I know of two boys in VT who are making a killing selling these licenses to people who don't want to pay the high prices, they've been doing it to NJ licenses for years and now will probably get rich with PA licenses.  And once you change all the numbers, names, addresses and stats, there is no way to trace who doing it except if the people buying these licenses rat these boys out (yeah, I know, I know them, but one of them bailed my but out of jail many years ago and if not for him, I might not be a doctor today so no, I can't turn these guys in) and that aint gonna happen cause there is an honor among theives and a forged license is a BS ticket.  Its funny, the way most warden check licenses is to take your license and ask you yor birthdate.  Once in a while, they compare your fishing license and driver's license and hand it back to you in a snap without even saying thanx.  Untillicenses go completely computerized, where they can scan your bar code and all that info comes up - which they have already taken into account and delete one of the bars each time they make a license - online sales remain great for some of us who like the ease of purchasing and being able to print multiple copies, but it makes a lot of crooks rich and makes poachers somewhat legal - food for thought.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline THEFLAGMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAG!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2007, 04:45 AM »
Thats Crazy...

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2007, 09:38 AM »
Never Leave to find Fish!

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2007, 10:36 AM »
i could start my own business!! case of beer for free license in pa!!  hmmm the possibilities! LOL  ;D
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2007, 11:06 AM »
you'll always have someone out there on a get rich quick scheme pic pockets scammers shell game its all the same its a fact that it is convienent to buy on line print copies you give a lot of info over the net though oh well   nuff said  mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2007, 11:55 AM »
I'm not worried about anyone getting info off the states site. If you collect any state sales taxes you have to pay them on line too. They probably have some honking security. The problem would happen when some state employee is driving around with all the records on his lap top hard drive and it gets stolen. But, back to the license thing... Have you ever been walking down the street and have some come up to you and say "hey buddy, intrested in a fishing license? for cheap!"
nybe

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2007, 12:16 PM »
Nope but if you do its just me so case of beer and we will call it even....LOL   ;D
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline fishing455

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2007, 11:18 PM »
Would rather give a tackle shop the agents fee from the license, rather than more to the fish comission. Even if it is only a dollar or 2

Offline Semper Fi

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing? Hunting? So many decisions!!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2007, 07:16 AM »
If you purchase a trout stamp with your license in Pa, the trout stamp shows up as a blank rectangle when you print from a saved copy. I use to save a copy to disk in case I lost my original, but now I just print out several originals instead. Of course they tell you that making a copy is illegal......... they want to sell you a duplicate if you lose the first one..............I don't think so!

SF
I worked all my life so I could retire to hunt and fish. What a good investment!!!!

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2007, 08:11 AM »
Would rather give a tackle shop the agents fee from the license, rather than more to the fish comission. Even if it is only a dollar or 2

You still have tackle shops in your area?  :-\

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2007, 08:54 AM »

More like .50¢
nybe

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2007, 02:10 PM »
You still have tackle shops in your area?  :-\

i agree with that one. the only tackle shop that i have near me shuts down in the winter. a lot of good that does me.

Offline fishing455

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 22, 2007, 08:31 PM »
One good tackle shop in Lebanon PA - Coble's Bait Shop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.