Author Topic: new lowrance flasher/graph  (Read 1608 times)

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
new lowrance flasher/graph
« on: Dec 17, 2007, 03:46 AM »
does any one have any input on the new lowrance LMS522-C? i am going to give my vex to the kidsand am going to get a new unit. I was impressed with the depth reading capabilities as i fish on some pretty deep bays on lake superior,as well as having the ability to switch between flasher - graph.
da splake chaser

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: new lowrance flasher/graph
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2007, 10:28 AM »
I see there hasn't been any responders to your question.  I am not familiar with that model but I have owned a m68c lowrance finder/flasher for the last 4 years and really like it.  My guess is that you couldn't go wrong with it and you will really like it.
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline walleyerookie

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2007, 05:25 PM »
  A buddy just got one a couple weeks ago from cabelas, the port. winter summer kit. If you decide to get one, I wouldnt get it from cabelas. The carry case that they have is too small. I went around and around with them over it. They say the case works and in some ways they are right, but by the time you get the unit and batt in there, there is no room for anything else. The bag wont hardly zip close and you cant easily put the ice transducer inside the bag. I found a vex bag and it worked fine for the unit. I suggest getting the unit that comes with the Lowrance bag. I have a m68c and transfered the 522c to the lowrance bag and it worked fine.
  As for the unit, I took it out in the boat a couple weeks ago and was really pleased with it. The detail was awsome. Vertical jigged with the iceducer. Didnt fish using the flasher, I never hardly use it in that mode anyway.  It seemed like the gps took a long time to connect to a sat. But the rep said it could at times take up to 30 min. I dont know about any of that though. I have a 104c on my boat and it doesnt take very long to pick up. The mapping card works like all the others. He got a hot spot card for the north reg and we were able to check out all the lakes. As for my opinion, I dont think you can go wrong with the 522c.

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:58 PM »
I dont have the 522igps, I have the 520c which is the same unit without the internal GPS....The reason being is that I have read a few reports about this units internal GPS being finicky. I Chose instead to buy the head unit (head unit only, no transducer or GPS) ($366 Ebay), a Blue Genz Box ($20 ebay), a Vexilar Float($5 ebay), Ice Ducer ($70 ebay). Shipping was $25 al together. Already had the Battery and Charger (which it said you have the charger, new batterys local to save shipping if needed) I have a hand held GPS, so it wasnt that important, and can always buy the puck unit later. So Right now Im under $500. I got lucky and found a trolling motor transducer for very cheap on ebay ($25 shipped) for my summer fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.