The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: new to wisconsin  (Read 1515 times)

Offline mainefishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
new to wisconsin
« on: Dec 15, 2007, 04:52 PM »
Hey i just moved out here from maine, and would like some info on where i can fish near by. I live in oak creek. Any good lakes within a reasonable drive that are open to ice fishing?

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
Re: new to wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:50 PM »
The big pond but we wait till march to fish for lake trout around the pier pileings.Wind lake would not be to far for you.I would suggest picking a South East Wisconsin map and a fishing hotspots book for the same.This would be a good start.There are groups of people on this site and on lakelink.com that hook up and fish together. Always fun.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:59 PM »
www.lake link.com  Wisconsin Goat Boys sound like a hoot to hookup with.JMO

Live to fish forced to work

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Welcome to our fair state. If you have any questions ,don't be afraid to ask. Plenty of us cheeseheads here to help.

HIMO
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2007, 11:25 PM »
Hey i just moved out here from maine, and would like some info on where i can fish near by. I live in oak creek. Any good lakes within a reasonable drive that are open to ice fishing?

Welcome to Wisco

there are quite a few pretty good lakes in this part of the state - depending on what you would consider a reasonable distance. Little Muskego lake is real close and LM offers some good panfish and Walleyes. In the same area is Wind Lake - also decent for gills. Phantom Lake in Mukwonago will get you action, but not much in the way of size (probably the most overfished lake in the region). Lake Beulah just past there is an all around decent lake - this can be a difficult lake to fish, but when you find them it is usually worth your while. About 50 miles to your SW is Delavan Lake and it is worth the ride. You will find nice; gills, perch, crappies and walleyes along with ok pike. They are catching gills in the boat launch bay now and some pike. Geneva is another wonderful lake (it ices up late) for walleye and trophy pike - super panfish as well. West of you in Waukesha Cty (aka Lake Country) there are some real nice lakes - depending on what you are looking for.

Please let us know if you need any info - you will find the ice anglers in these parts willing to help.

Offline mainefishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2007, 12:22 PM »
how about cold water game fish, trout and salmon, can you catch'm through the ice out here? IF so, what lakes hold'm

Offline CannedHeat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2007, 03:10 PM »
I used to fish Eagle Lake (Racine County Park) with really good results. Haven't been back there in a few years, but that should be fairly close for you too.
Reality is a nice place, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.