Author Topic: Be Careful Out There  (Read 1562 times)

Offline chicagill35

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Bottle Bass Guy
Be Careful Out There
« on: Dec 12, 2007, 02:57 PM »
 I was reading the paper today and we have 1 casualtie already due to unsafe ice. Apparently a 51 yr old man fell thru the ice and drowned Tuesday evening on Big Lake in Noble county. Lets not make this stat higher and be safe out there.     Jim
Jim

Offline jiggit

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Be Careful Out There
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2007, 04:24 PM »
I read the same article, a real tragedy. I know Big Lake well, I have fished it a bunch. It is still real early in the season. be safe.  Steve

Offline Edge

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Best Friends!

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2007, 07:43 PM »
Let's all have a moment of silence and prayer.My heart goes out to the family of the fellow ice fishermen who died.I know this could of happened to me,on numeruos occatiuns.One time in particular,I was on winona,the ice being only 2to 3 inches and a little honeycomed.I know I shouln't of been out on it,someone was keeping me safe that day.Let's all be patient,the good stuff is just around the corner.

Offline jhc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2007, 08:19 PM »

I agree pearcheyes, got to be safe out there.Soon there will be good safe ice, it
                       will take a little more time.Like most of us I have been out there on thin ice,and someone
                       up there was looking out for me......... but now I am a little older and hopefully wiser....
                       I love the sport of ice Fishing,but I won't go out till its SAFE,a word to the WISE........
                                                              jhc

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2007, 09:43 PM »
that is a shame, i seen it on the news. you can fish thin ice just not alone!!!!!!!!! we fished 2.5 inches of ice today, the key word being " we ".
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2007, 11:04 PM »
That truly is a shame, my thoughts go out to the family. On that note,... WHO in their right mind puts their ITCH to get on the hard H2O before their family and loved ones? Personally I wait till 4 inches but I,ve been out there on 2 or 3, just like alot of us. And when its heaving, waving, crackin, I,m wondering what the Helll I,m doin this for. An itch?? I,m a diehard? The way I look at it, I desparately wanna be out there, but even more so, I dont want a starnger telling my kids or my wife, "theres been an accident, you may want to have a seat". Lets use our common sense people, and get home to the ones you live for...

Offline archman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cold is good
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2007, 11:19 PM »
fell though the ice last year learned my lesson 2.5 in. is not safe. need 4in. for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.