Author Topic: 2nd trip  (Read 2253 times)

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
2nd trip
« on: Dec 08, 2007, 09:38 PM »
went back to 17 to take vengeance on the fish that got away. It was a great day, the wind in  Anchorage had me worried but the lake was calm and cool, ice a bout 14  inches. It started quick put the pull in slam line was ripping off the spull Iced a nice 23 incher bow. wow,  not the one that got away but nice. I go back to the other rod and slam same rod and one just under 20. Put the line back in and a little later a small bounce I walk over and pick up the rod and the fight was on the most aggressive fish but the smallest about 18 but a lot fatter. no bites for a while so I put on  a jig I catch a lot of small fish not much bigger than the jig then after a while slam I pull up the longest of the day a 24 inch char Bright with the spawning colors and skiney.Herd a  of an 11 lb bow comming out of the lake this summer   

Offline ulflyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2nd trip
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2007, 07:49 PM »
went back to 17 to take vengeance on the fish that got away. It was a great day, the wind in  Anchorage had me worried but the lake was calm and cool, ice a bout 14  inches. It started quick put the pull in slam line was ripping off the spull Iced a nice 23 incher bow. wow,  not the one that got away but nice. I go back to the other rod and slam same rod and one just under 20. Put the line back in and a little later a small bounce I walk over and pick up the rod and the fight was on the most aggressive fish but the smallest about 18 but a lot fatter. no bites for a while so I put on  a jig I catch a lot of small fish not much bigger than the jig then after a while slam I pull up the longest of the day a 24 inch char Bright with the spawning colors and skiney.Herd a  of an 11 lb bow comming out of the lake this summer   

How deep and what were you using?  Sunday, got a 21 inch char between the island and mainland at 14 foot over 16 foot of water on a single egg! Great fight!

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2007, 01:48 AM »
I caught the fish off the point straight out from the boat launch in six feet of water. thay all came from the same hole useing shrimp as bait. the exception was the char which came from about 10 feet and took a jigg. the key seemed to be puting the bait on glow in the dark jigg heads.

.did The brown dog bother you? i hop the thing leard it's leason. It tryed to eat one of my storm jiggs it was atached to one of my pulls that I was not useing luckley when it jurked it's head from the pain I saw that it got loged in the back of the toung and it did not swollow it. unfortunatley it set the hook good I could see that the barb went clear through. I was trying to Ice a fish at the time wich made thing fun. I had to cut the line so that it would not drag my pull away.. I fet bad and wwent to look for the owner but evrey one that I talked to did not know wrre the dog came frome so I went back to fishing.

if your dog can not follow commands keep it inside where it's safe. I have a dog and take it with me every were i go. but it stays at my side all the time. Like I seaid I feel bad but it's not my job to police other peoples pets If it was your dog or if you know the owner I'm sorry I hope thay got the hook out 

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2007, 09:37 PM »
wow Ice, invisible fish, just like the ones that I caught this weekend  ;)
Bob

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2007, 09:46 PM »

those are the fish that we caught.  That took a while now, dinner burned and the ball and chain is mad got to go. wish me luck 

Offline ulflyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2007, 10:07 PM »
Hi Iced...

No, didn't see a brown dog that was alone. I did see a couple, but they were with people...none were on a leash. Dogs can be a pain when they run off with your fish and gawd forbid, get hooked like the one you encountered....hope to get to Flat Lake this weekend....others' plans?...btw...what's the limit on dogs over 21 inches?

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2007, 12:05 AM »
Theres alot of legality that you run into with dogs, the regs are tuff to desifer. For brown dog,  one over 21 inches as long as the toungs no longer than 12 inches with a max waist span of 46 inches and a body mass no more than 80 lbs but no less than 40 lbs whith a space between the ears less than 6 inches and collar that must have no tags to read. 

oh wait that the regs for the kenai. i have to go to page 42 for the valley

wish I had a sled to go out to those Pike lakes. next week I'm going out to bonnie lake fish in the morning then try for some rabbits in the afternoon

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2007, 01:30 AM »
Nice looking fish iced. Seems to be a quantity of large and fairly fat n happy fish there in the valley ;D. What are you guys growing down there :afro: let alone feeding those fish :whistle:

:roflmao:

Offline ulflyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2007, 06:58 PM »
Iced...

You are the legality master of regs! (even if looking on the wrong page!)....Good luck this weekend!...ulff

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2007, 05:01 AM »
Iced,
Nice fish, and chubby!! ;D ;D  But ya gotta stop borrowing your daughters camera to take those photos!  That blood is the PINKEST blood I'd ever seen! :D :D
TEAM ALASKA

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2007, 09:17 PM »
Dave took the pic it was geting dark so he had to spice the pic up so that you could see it

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 13, 2007, 09:29 PM »
Nice haul of fish there iced!  Glad to see folks out there ice'n a few.........Haven't made it out on the ice yet myself, was planing on Friday but found out minutes ago that I'll be Christmas shopping instead ::)

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 14, 2007, 02:34 PM »
nice catch there Mr. Iced!  that 17 Mile Lake sure is a pretty spot to fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.