The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: new here hi ya'll  (Read 1757 times)

Offline bjeff42

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish forced to work!!
new here hi ya'll
« on: Dec 07, 2007, 12:01 PM »
 ???hows everyone doing wonder about good ice in livingston county our by there if i have 3 in of good ice I'm there this weekend

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: new here hi ya'll
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2007, 12:04 PM »
Welcome Jeff to the greatest show on earth. Stay on the dry side this year eh.
Good luck.

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2007, 12:27 PM »
Welcome aboard bjeff42.  Ice conditions are looking good. Have been fishing all week long. 3 inches on most ponds, some lakes. 4" in some places. Just spud/auger as you go. 
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2007, 03:10 PM »
Welcome aboard! 

Checking ice on the local lake and if it's 3" - 4" I'm going to jig me some pike bait!

Offline sightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's a method to my madness!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2007, 03:28 PM »
I checked local lakes in ne. kent county this morning only  one had a good 2 1/2" of ice.
"Oh honey don't worry ice fishing season is almost over"     Oh Yeah, then we got steelhead, then bass, then big lake salmon, then fall river salmon........etc.
 "As fish go through the water colume, so do the days of our lives".

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Welcome aboard Jeff!  You'll be on this site almost as much as you're on the ice!!!  Enjoy!

I'm guessing two weeks from now we should pretty much be able to hit just about any moderately sized lake!

Stay safe guys!

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2007, 03:56 PM »
My early spots here in S. Genesee Co. are now covered with ice but I don't see any footprimts in da snow so I won't go.  ::) :D If ya wanta come up and walk out in front of me your welcome.  ;)  :laugh:

"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

Offline Bgreen02

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2007, 03:58 PM »
Hey quack, how is fenton looking? I was hoping to go out there soon but not too sure about it yet since it isn't regularly talked about.

Team M.I.R.C Rock bass. It's whats for dinner.

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2007, 04:06 PM »
Haven't been over that way in a few days, heard it was starting to freeze over but not sure if anyone is fishin' the "Bay" yet. I gotta find some place around with wax worms, my regular place don't have 'em yet. I'll give Fenton a drive by tomorrow and see if there's any foot prints in da snow.

"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2007, 04:51 PM »
Just walked out on Peach Lake/Ogemaw Co. and spudded a chunk out that was in 12 foot of water and around 3 inches thick. 

I'm taking the auger tomorrow and doing some tests, but I might be fishing Sunday evening!  Woo!

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Welcome to Iceshanty bjeff!
You'll find this is a great place to get really valuable information in this awesome sport.
                                                 :tipup:

NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2007, 05:42 PM »
Welcome to the site bjeff......

Offline fishinfool96

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh yeah!!!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2007, 06:38 PM »
Welcome aboard Jeff!  You'll be on this site almost as much as you're on the ice!!!  Enjoy!

LOL!! I found this site only a week ago and I'm hooked. Definetly the BEST!!

Offline Bgreen02

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2007, 10:13 PM »
Haven't been over that way in a few days, heard it was starting to freeze over but not sure if anyone is fishin' the "Bay" yet. I gotta find some place around with wax worms, my regular place don't have 'em yet. I'll give Fenton a drive by tomorrow and see if there's any foot prints in da snow.

I went up and picked up my auger tonight to get ready for season down here and Fenton is wide open on the North end. Very thin ice along shore and just open water. Looks like it is going to take a while there. Where is a good bait shop around there for minnows? Summer I usually don't fish with them.

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2007, 08:41 AM »
Minnows near Fenton:

Little Party Store called Coles Cove near Lake Copenconic, on Fenton Rd just N. of Baldwin Rd. has minnows. (at least they have for years, haven't checked this year)

A small Sporting Goods store has opened in Linden on Bridge St. (Linden Rd) on the east side just south of the light. Talked to him in Sept. and he said he would be carrying minnows and bait this winter. The light in Linden is about 3.5 mi east of 23 on Silver Lake Rd.

- - George Carlin

Offline Bgreen02

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2007, 10:41 AM »
Thanks Quack. Might not be for a while until I get on that lake from the looks of it but now I know where the minnows are.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.