Author Topic: December 7 , 1941  (Read 1998 times)

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
December 7 , 1941
« on: Dec 07, 2007, 07:49 AM »
December 7 , 1941 is the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor !
If you know a veteran of that era take a minute and say THANK YOU !

God bless or Veterans and the brave men and women who currently serve !

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: December 7 , 1941
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2007, 08:23 AM »
THANK YOU VETS !!!!!!
Hard Ice

Offline Hard stuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2007, 08:28 AM »
Thank you for the freedom you provide . USA # 1

Offline Whatpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2007, 08:43 AM »
 :'( :bow: :'(
"Isn't he precious." My daughter looking at a 12" walleye
"The Green Hornet strikes again!"

Offline Big W

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2007, 09:00 AM »
Thank a vet today...and everyday.

W
Big W

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2007, 12:06 PM »
ooo-ra
if your not fishing, your not living

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2007, 07:16 PM »
My dad is a WWII vet. He survived 11 war patrols in the south pacific in submarines. Only him and one other still living that did patrols on the Seawolf (sunk by "friendly fire"). He then was comissioned on the Rasher which was number two for total enemy tonnage sunk in the war. He's my own personal war hero.

NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline iceslammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2007, 07:40 PM »
anyone who served our country is a hero in my book :thumbsup:

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2007, 07:42 PM »
To all Veterans who have served, my family and I wish to thank you for keeping us safe and secure in this country. God bless you and your families today and every day for the sacrifices you endured during the times you were away from your loved ones.
Thank you
Coldfeet

Offline WHITETAIL111

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2007, 07:45 PM »
Amen brother.  Thanks to all past and present serving our country.  They deserve our prayers every day.  Thanks again for putting yourself first!! :thumbsup:
That taxidermy man back home gonna have a heart attack when he see what I bring'em!!

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2007, 07:49 PM »
My wife just asked me two minutes ago what the date was. I thought for a minute and said Dec. 7th. then I realized I went thru the whole day and not one person mentioned Pearl Harbor day. This is the first year that has ever happened to me.
Just goes to show you that the general populous that remembers dates like that are getting older and are either out of the work place or not around anymore. Most people remember 9/11 now.

Then again it could be because I had my nose in my cube designing all day and really didn't interact with too many people. But then again there was nothing on the noon news that I saw. Hmmmm. Maybe a little of both.
But I'm sure glad I could click in here and see mention.

In response to the post: AMEN!

Nothing like living in the good old USA.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2007, 08:00 PM »
When I was in the Navy, my ship spent a week in Pearl Harbor. One of the most absolute beautiful places in the entire world. I went to the USS Arizona Memorial, and before you go out, you watch a short film showing footage, and what all it took to make the memorial. There were several Japanese people there, and while showing the bombing footage, they were all crying. It was very touching, kind of a why did this have to happen sort of thing. God Bless all those who died that day, and their families and the survivors. God Bless all who have served and are serving now.

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2007, 08:08 PM »
I always found it funny how most Civi's feel we are protecting them.  Well maybe that's true  ???, but it's never the person back home that I ever cared about "Protecting" or "Defending" against anyone.  It was that Marine to my left & right that I cared about.  Everyday, eating, sleeping, sh*t-shower-shaving, drinking (just a little bit ;D), right next to me, day in, day out!  People at home are the last thing (well, other than smoking hot chicks back home :o) from most of our minds.  It's a bond stronger than any family can have.  EGA's are thicker than blood, & no matter how old, fat, & gray I get, it will always be stamped on my heart.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2007, 08:28 PM »
I knew there was something different about you jimmygunns.  Nothing wrong just I am an ARMY vet.  Could tell the difference, but like you when out there on deployment the first ones you thought about where to your left and right.  From one vet to all the others I say Thank You.
<br />

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2007, 09:20 PM »
I knew there was something different about you jimmygunns.  Nothing wrong just I am an ARMY vet.  Could tell the difference, but like you when out there on deployment the first ones you thought about where to your left and right.  From one vet to all the others I say Thank You.
We are different, but I knew other vets such as yourself could relate!

I always thought describes Marines quite well.  Still very true to this day!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.