Author Topic: Has anyone used a slammer tip up?  (Read 1252 times)

Offline fish on!

• IceShanty Rookie
Has anyone used a slammer tip up?
« on: Dec 05, 2007, 09:35 AM »
I wanted to know if anyone has used a slammer tip up here in NH. What do you think of them? Are they legal here? I don't see why they wouldn't be. Thanks for any feed back.

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Has anyone used a slammer tip up?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2007, 02:27 PM »
I bought a kit and made one up late last year.  Only got to use it twice, but it worked flawlessly on the 5 fish I caught with it.  I was fishing for crappie, jigging in one hole and had the slammer set up beside me...when it went off I about fell off my bucket.  Can't wait to get it out on the ice this year!!

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2007, 02:31 PM »
Have a buddy that swears by them. But he does not have the type with a 209 Primer that explodes on slam to alarm one that they have a fish, so he missed a number of flags. Yet the hook sets were nearly flawless, and he has his set-up with a cheap Zebco 202? so he can play the Pike on Rod and Reel. Much larger set-up than a traditional trap though.

RL

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2007, 07:36 AM »
I did make the modification with the 209 primer...I was testing it in the house and it went off, blew gunpowder all over the kitchen counter and made a heck of a bang.  Didn't realize how loud just the primer would be.   The wife was NOT impressed, the kids thought it was the coolest thing ever  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.