The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Need some help!!  (Read 1239 times)

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
Need some help!!
« on: Dec 04, 2007, 01:54 AM »
I am dire need of sponge bobbers! Not sure in anyone remembers them or ever used them but I have and loved them mostly black with yellow at the top. only problem is I can't seem to find them anywhere ( i know most stores are just starting to get thier crap out). I have graduated myself from the old poles that my grandfather taught me to ice fish with to the new spinreels, but I still hand line them in, something I can't get over. Last year i used slip bobbers but can't seem to find them right now either. I have a buddy and his wife who have moved to the state and neither have ice fished, and I wanna break them in just the way I was taught. You know crawl before you walk thing. If anyone can tell me where I can order them or find them please let me know.

Offline nontypical

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Need some help!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2007, 02:02 AM »
not sure where your from but franks in linwood has the yellow foam with the red bottom in different sizes thats all i use even in the summer trim them down to what ever you need they work great.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2007, 05:14 AM »
yea ive just seen the foam ones or cork ones
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2007, 08:21 AM »
Gander Moutain in Flint (check other stores) has the "Ice Buster" the yellow sponge ones ya can cut to length and use as a slip bobber with your spinning reels. They also have the Thill wooden bobbers, slip/stationary.

I personally hardly ever use bobbers anymore, but I do use the "Ice busters" when fishin' for Crappie with minnows. The equipment available now-a-days makes bobber fishin' almost obsolete (unless ya need a completely still presentation). IMO, line watchin', rod tip watchin', and a quality rod/reel with good "feel" will ice ya more fish.

"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

Offline Bgreen02

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2007, 09:19 AM »
Personally, I like the spring bobbers on the pull up ice fishing poles. When I use my spinning ice pole I usually use a little wood slip bobber with a small stopper at the top. Or sometimes I will just watch the line if the water is deep enough where the fish can't see up I will hold the line with one finger and feel for the bite.

Team M.I.R.C Rock bass. It's whats for dinner.

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Al and Bobs in Grand Rapids as well as Dicks will have them.  I got mine at Gander a couple years ago if I remember.....

M.I.R.C. 

Offline gordify

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2007, 07:25 PM »
Hey Rumrunner, I'm here in GR to. Have you been out to see if anything is looking promising as far as ice goes? I'm wondering if the channels at Gun lake are getting close.

Offline jig-o-matic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2007, 07:53 PM »
I heard they fished the Gun Lake channels last weekend before the rain but don't know what it is like now.

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2007, 07:42 AM »
Hey Rumrunner, I'm here in GR to. Have you been out to see if anything is looking promising as far as ice goes? I'm wondering if the channels at Gun lake are getting close.

Have never been there.  Campbell has no ice.  A little pond I know about has no ice.  Who knows bud.  We need to get fishin' this year though. 

M.I.R.C. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.