Author Topic: Chinese made ATV,s  (Read 4881 times)

Offline boomdoggie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Chinese made ATV,s
« on: Dec 02, 2007, 12:03 PM »
Anybody spread some light on those Chinese made ATV,s my niece who will be six soon and a new ice-fisher girl would like a 4-wheeler to come out ice-fishing and was wondering if anybody had any luck with them or are they junk. Talkin about 50cc to 70cc

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Chinese made ATV,s
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2007, 12:06 PM »
Just spend the extra 300 and get her a HONDA!!!
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline spearchucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2007, 12:21 PM »
Anybody spread some light on those Chinese made ATV,s my niece who will be six soon and a new ice-fisher girl would like a 4-wheeler to come out ice-fishing and was wondering if anybody had any luck with them or are they junk. Talkin about 50cc to 70cc

I don't know about the 4 wheelers, but a friend of my bought his kid a 70cc chinese dirt bike and the second time he rode it all of the spokes in the rear rim let loose and ruined the tire. They fixed that and he rode it about 5 more times and it wouldn't start (this was in mid-Sept.)

I saw a show ATV Television where the review Kymco (not sure if that's Chinese or Korean) they didn't have much good to say about them except thatthe price was set pretty low.

I would look for a used small cc ATV made by a reputable manufacturer be fore I spent the money on a Chinese ride. Most of those youth models don't get a ton of riding time before the kids outgrow them. Alot of the used ones just need a good carb cleaning, fresh gas, and new spark plug from sitting for awhile before the parents decide it's time to sell juniors old ride.

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2007, 02:18 PM »
 Yea it would probably be worth spendin the extra money and getting something you ownt have to fix a hundred times down the line... can't go wrong with a Honda
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2007, 05:11 PM »
Before you think of taking her on a public lake with any motorized vehicle look into the regulations. Here you must be at least 14 and have taken a test and passed it and must ride with adult supervision. She can ride on your property only without any license but on public property that might be a question. Also to regester a machine you must have proof of insurance. Just a little to think about.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2007, 05:20 PM »
I would say they are probably crap like everything else mad in China. Maybe you could melt the paint and make sinkers. lol  :o ;)
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2007, 05:37 PM »
Look at the Japanese and Korean mini trucks instead... enclosed cab with heaters.....just do a google on japanese mini truck

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2007, 06:12 PM »
Look at the Japanese and Korean mini trucks instead... enclosed cab with heaters.....just do a google on japanese mini truck

Mini truck for a 6 year old? Remind me to stay off the streets  :-\

Offline Hard stuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2007, 07:11 PM »
Mini truck for a 6 year old? Remind me to stay off the streets  :-\

LoL I think he meant so him and his daughter could ride together.That would make sense wouldn't it????????

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2007, 07:18 PM »
Yep, that does make sense

Offline mjbmxz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Holy balls it's gonna pull us through the ice!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2007, 07:43 PM »
Just spend the extra 300 and get her a HONDA!!!

What he said, the chinese made machines are just not made well at all.
Just Jiggle it, Jiggle It  :D

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2007, 09:24 PM »
The Japanese mini trucks are not licensed for road use in most states.  Here in ND you license them like a ATV.  If you are going to let your 6 year old drive a ATV :o... might as well let them drive a mini truck!  Plus it would be way cooler than a ATV to have the first in the neighborhood!  Here is photo I downloaded off the net... Im thinking of getting one myself

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2007, 09:29 PM »
Before you think of taking her on a public lake with any motorized vehicle look into the regulations. Here you must be at least 14 and have taken a test and passed it and must ride with adult supervision. She can ride on your property only without any license but on public property that might be a question. Also to regester a machine you must have proof of insurance. Just a little to think about.
I was told that changed last fall and you do have to go by the same rules even on you're own property now .
I have a friend that got one of those Chinese atv's for his kid and they have been real happy with it and he beats the h$ll out of it .
May just be the luck of the draw though .
Not sure what kind it is but if you're interested I can find out although I have to agree with most folks here , it wouldn't be much more to get a name brand and be able to trust it from the tart not to mention the trade in value would be there when they outgrow it .

Offline sweth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2007, 09:57 PM »
Also be careful with the fact that when it does break finding parts or someone willing to work on those things can be quite difficult. They are not much fun to work on and finding the parts can be a real pain, speaking from experience.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #14 on: Dec 02, 2007, 10:35 PM »
Its gonna depend on your location as to parts availibility. I know of several people that have them and for the money , they are pretty good.

Offline Hard stuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 02, 2007, 10:56 PM »
This company looks ok www.scooterdepot.us

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2007, 09:28 PM »
The Japanese mini trucks are not licensed for road use in most states.  Here in ND you license them like a ATV.  If you are going to let your 6 year old drive a ATV :o... might as well let them drive a mini truck!  Plus it would be way cooler than a ATV to have the first in the neighborhood!  Here is photo I downloaded off the net... Im thinking of getting one myself(Image removed from quote.)

My buddy has one of the little trucks and likes it. Parts can be hard to come by and he's been waiting over six months for a tie rod. Kinda fun to ride in though.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline rondo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2007, 10:51 PM »
Is she driving this or you? Walking is good exercise.

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 12, 2007, 12:22 PM »
I had one, in the first 30 days i had it in for repair more than i had it to ride, i returned it (good dealer, most wont) and will be buying a used name brand.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.