The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone been out yet????  (Read 2561 times)

Offline icebugler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone been out yet????
« on: Nov 28, 2007, 02:10 PM »
I have heard some people have been out on g-town already. Just wonderin if anyone else has been out yet. I've been itchin to get out there.

Offline Montana Trout Slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anyone been out yet????
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2007, 09:05 PM »
Yup i heard people have been fishing G-Town too.  I heard it was fairly good too.  Places around bozo are starting to freeze up but i don't think anything if fishable yet but i hope i'm wrong.  I'll be going out somewhere this weekend but not sure where.  G-Town if i have too!  Lets the ice season begin!

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2007, 08:07 AM »
Hey Bugler!  Glad to see you're still around!

Went out to Skyles and Spencer on Monday both have over 3" of ice and building.  Going out tomorrow on my lunch break to drill some good test holes.  I will report back what I see...

Lion lake, Beaver lake, Blanchard, Echo, lake  Blaine, and McWinnaggers Slough should all be fishable this weekend or darn close....

I'm psyched!

Good Fishing :tipup:

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2007, 01:46 PM »
Been too busy doing all the butchering from hunting season success (6 deer and an elk)... I am so sick of butchering.  When I go to sleep all I dream about is working my meat.... um   :blink:  cutting meat.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Dinga LING

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • <
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2007, 02:29 PM »
I'm checking out the extended elk season this weekend and will be looking for ice.  Gotta new Jiffy 3000 Stealth and am just waiting to try it out.

Hey WT, got that new Nils yet? 

Give a man a fish,  he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish,  he sits all day on the ice drinking beer.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2007, 02:39 PM »
I'm checking out the extended elk season this weekend and will be looking for ice.  Gotta new Jiffy 3000 Stealth and am just waiting to try it out.

Hey WT, got that new Nils yet? 

Nope.  Kori ordered my x-mas present at the same time and whatever she got was backordered.  She called and they said it would be here next week.  I guess I'll still be butchering till then so that's ok.  I do about half a deer every night but I hope to be done with them by the end of the weekend so I can start on the elk.   

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline walleymcjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2007, 05:37 PM »
I went out sat. the first. Caught 7 pike between 3 of us. :tipup:

Offline Montana Trout Slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2007, 11:49 PM »
Hit up some local ponds in Bozo and had a blast.  Caught a bunch of healthy rainbow as well as a few carp..  It was great to be out!  However it may be another week or so until the ice will be any good again.. Its 42 degrees in town right now as i write this at 11 pm.. Not good >:(

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2007, 08:07 AM »
I hear that MTS!  Had at least 5" of good black ice on all the small lakes around NW Montana last Friday. I didn't get out on Saturday and then this Pineapple Express hits...  Wonder what I'll find next weekend?  I'm guessing unsafe ice!

If you find good ice Fish It!

Offline Bluegoose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2007, 08:28 AM »

Offline HERDBULL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2007, 02:26 PM »
[ NICE FISH.. SO WHERE DID YA GET THEM? :tipup: :tipup:

Offline CLUTCHDOGG

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2007, 07:54 PM »
Hey Bugler!  Glad to see you're still around!

Went out to Skyles and Spencer on Monday both have over 3" of ice and building.  Going out tomorrow on my lunch break to drill some good test holes.  I will report back what I see...

Lion lake, Beaver lake, Blanchard, Echo, lake  Blaine, and McWinnaggers Slough should all be fishable this weekend or darn close....

I'm psyched!

Hey Neptune I see your from the Columbia Falls area that skyles lake that is right outside of whitefish isn't it? I think I fished that last year and got some nice pike out of there if that's the one.  Have you checked the ice this year on it yet? Just joined this site so new to it.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2007, 12:31 PM »
Hey Neptune I see your from the Columbia Falls area that skyles lake that is right outside of whitefish isn't it? I think I fished that last year and got some nice pike out of there if that's the one.  Have you checked the ice this year on it yet? Just joined this site so new to it.
ClutchD!  I haven't drilled a hole in Skyles yet.  I have however been checking Spencer which is the next lake just down the road(heading west) on the left.  On 11/30 it had 5-6" of good black ice no problems, on 12/7 it had 2-3" of black ice with 3-4" of snow/rain ice on top.  Drilled a couple holes and two of the three holes spider fractured before completing the drill through so I bailed!

After this weekend and the what appears to be cold week ahead, we should be in good shape everywhere.

I was down on Church Slough yesterday and it is frozen with at least 5" of solid clear black ice...three huts out there when I stopped by....

Next Sunday I'll be on a lake...not sure which one yet..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.