The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Passing the time til Ice !!  (Read 3168 times)

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
Passing the time til Ice !!
« on: Nov 11, 2007, 10:16 AM »
Well for me it is playing Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 online.  What is everybody else doing to pass the time I know most of you are going to say Hunting but what else.  Also if anybody else is playing those games on XBOX look me up and we can go to battle together..........sst4 life666 is my name on Live

Offline slt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Passing the time til Ice !!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2007, 11:01 AM »
Cuttin' wood. Got enought for this winter....next and maybe the year after........ Huntin' all done.....waiting for ice....getting colder now...won't be long I HOPE.....
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2007, 01:04 PM »
                      sleep.....sleep....sle ep.................... :laugh:

Enjoyin my day................... .... :tipup:
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline crzy granny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2007, 06:08 PM »
WOOD, WOOD and more WOOD. Our pond has a very thin layer of ice. Hopefully more cold weather will be sneakin' in.         Chopper ;)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2007, 06:12 PM »
the forecast doesnt look bad at all...nice to see youve made the switch chopper...welcome to Team Iceshanty!!

Offline crzy granny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2007, 06:15 PM »
now that all the wood is done, I may have some time to sit and  oh I mean go fishin'. ;) Can not wait! Still trying for my deer,hopefully next weekend.   Chopper ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2007, 06:31 PM »
workin..drinking...pay ing bills..bow hunting..(the bucks are winning 0 for 9 nites )bird hunting...(i'm winning in this dept. ;))..more drinking..hide'in the new jiffy from wifezilla in my "man cave.." etc..etc..good news is.......will have weekends off this winter...come on ice.. ;D ;D ;D

Offline perchking4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2007, 06:41 PM »
IM waiting on the first deer of the season and going through the ice fishing stuff to keep me thinking about first ice :thumbsup:. Hope it wont be long, had some ice on the pond today and the pool was locked up it might have 2" on it by the morning ::) might give it a try I herd there was a lot of NOTHING in it. Sure would feel good to drill a hole, even thou its in the pool. ;D

Offline MikeMunn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2007, 10:05 PM »
I've been working around 60 hours a week for the past 5 weeks.  I hope things slow down soon.  :'(

Offline Rome-Brewah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2007, 12:33 PM »
Wood has been split a while ago.  I am now hunting and brewing as much as I can.

RB
Beer....a decent excuse for your normal clumsy self

If I could just get my wife to understand my brewing and fishing addiction...we'd get along so much better :)

Offline grayghost6677

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Cant hunt this year So im playing World Of Warcraft Daily. Trouthunter on Torthelden server.. Waiting for Ice bad.

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:21 PM »
school, of course hunting,trapping some bait, and fishing!!

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:22 PM »
i forgot to say dreaming about ice fishing!!! thats the biggest thing

Offline nitro04106

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2007, 04:23 PM »
socom navy seals on playstation and chillin with the kid........ gonna have to dig out the gear soon ........... ;D

Offline buddah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2007, 04:32 PM »
I was hunting,but tagged out last monday,so it's back to fishing.We hit Thompson Lake yesterday for a couple of hours and it felt like ice fishing,blowing hard and cold,but the fish cooperated.We got this chunky salmon and a couple of small togue.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 12, 2007, 04:41 PM »
I was hunting,but tagged out last monday,so it's back to fishing.We hit Thompson Lake yesterday for a couple of hours and it felt like ice fishing,blowing hard and cold,but the fish cooperated.We got this chunky salmon and a couple of small togue.

(Image removed from quote.)

Way to go Boot, still getting it done even in November...... :bow:

Offline slammer6500

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Someday, someone will teach me to love Ice Fishing
« Reply #16 on: Nov 15, 2007, 01:57 PM »
Way to go Boot, that's a phatty for Thompson :o :o

Offline nitro04106

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 15, 2007, 09:02 PM »
i wanna fish with buddah man you catch some nice fish .......... good to see some one knows what there doing.........

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 16, 2007, 08:24 AM »
Wood has been split a while ago.  I am now hunting and brewing as much as I can.

RB

mmmmm beer.  i like to brew also but haven't in a while

Offline Rome-Brewah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Nov 16, 2007, 12:03 PM »
mmmmm beer.  i like to brew also but haven't in a while

I am at 110gal for the year.  I hope to do at least 20 to 30more before the end of the year.

RB

If I could just get my wife to understand my brewing and fishing addiction...we'd get along so much better :)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Nov 16, 2007, 12:11 PM »
I was just given a kit to brew    but I like my Busch beer......and some one brews it for me at less than 6 bucks a 12 pk
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Rome-Brewah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Nov 16, 2007, 12:17 PM »
I was just given a kit to brew    but I like my Busch beer......and some one brews it for me at less than 6 bucks a 12 pk

You can have your 4% busch.   ;D  I'll usually brew in the range of 7-10%.   Keeps you a little warmer on the ice :)  If I'm slummin', my beer of choice is Natty. 

More a hobby than anything really.  Yeah, I like to drink, but I give a lot away as gift and it's great to have 3-4 beers on tap when you have a party (use the old SS soda kegs).  Kit brews is now I got started, I now crush all my own grains and mash (steep) them.  I do 10gal batches at a time.  I get my bulk grains right from OPB in skowhegan. 

RB

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 16, 2007, 12:21 PM »
You can have your 4% busch.   ;D  I'll usually brew in the range of 7-10%.   Keeps you a little warmer on the ice :)  If I'm slummin', my beer of choice is Natty. 

More a hobby than anything really.  Yeah, I like to drink, but I give a lot away as gift and it's great to have 3-4 beers on tap when you have a party (use the old SS soda kegs).  Kit brews is now I got started, I now crush all my own grains and mash (steep) them.  I do 10gal batches at a time.  I get my bulk grains right from OPB in skowhegan. 

RB
natty beer.. never heard of it....where does one drive to ..to get a natty beer  ??? ??? ???

Offline Rome-Brewah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Nov 16, 2007, 12:24 PM »
natty beer.. never heard of it....where does one drive to ..to get a natty beer  ??? ??? ???

Natty light (natural light)?  Better than rolling rock.   :o

RB

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Nov 16, 2007, 12:28 PM »
Natty light (natural light)?  Better than rolling rock.   :o

RB
hmmmmmm will have to find a suit case of the stuff ..for experimental reasons of course... ;)  good lord ..rollin rock..started my career on that and the ole mans genny ale... :laugh:

Offline Rome-Brewah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Nov 16, 2007, 12:47 PM »
hmmmmmm will have to find a suit case of the stuff ..for experimental reasons of course... ;)  good lord ..rollin rock..started my career on that and the ole mans genny ale... :laugh:

You've never had natty??  Say it ain't so!  How's the phrase go....an expensive taste in an affordable can.   :laugh:

Genny pounders are what dreams are made of. ;D

MB

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Nov 16, 2007, 12:55 PM »
You've never had natty??  Say it ain't so!  How's the phrase go....an expensive taste in an affordable can.   :laugh:

Genny pounders are what dreams are made of. ;D

MB
nope ..never had a natty...drank my way around the world a couple of times (becks..molsons..bass ale..etc..etc..) but ..never a natty..now ya done it ..gonna get off this thing and go to distribitor... yes genny big boys are great for the ride home..... ;D

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 16, 2007, 01:08 PM »

RB

i like alot of the belgians high alchohol smooth taste don't drink them much on the expensive side but they do get u warmed right up. i do nat light and ice or whatever is 10 dollars for a 30 pack at market basket  when i want to go cheap

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 16, 2007, 01:25 PM »
When it comes to drinkin', I drink Canadian!  LaBatt Blue all the way!

Offline Rome-Brewah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Nov 16, 2007, 02:19 PM »
A little eye candy of 20gal in the making.  Don't laugh at the...eh, um resourcefullness.   :laugh:

RB

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.