The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Devils Lake Tourney  (Read 6517 times)

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
Devils Lake Tourney
« on: Nov 04, 2007, 02:24 PM »
Anyone planning on attending this tournament this year? Its on Saturday, January 26th - they have LOTS of great prizes for fish placement and for raffle. Tickets are only $25.

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Devils Lake Tourney
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2007, 05:21 PM »
I always buy a ticket or two as its for a good cause.... Firefighters!  But never go to the actual tourniment.... too many people..... fish bite better with less than a hole every three feet! ;D   One of these days will win something!

Offline Duckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Devils Lake Tourney
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2007, 07:07 PM »
I went last year for the first time ever and the roaming 4'wheelin' riot control guys were complete a$$holes.  We built up a little snow wall to help with the wind (not my idea, but saw a bunch of other people doing it and thought it looked smart).  Our wall was maybe two feet high.  Just enough to keep the wind off if you were crouched down.  Some guy came by and made us knock it down with an hour left to go.  I pointed around to the multitude of other snow walls and asked why they could have one but we couldn't.  He told me it wasn't my "god da*n business" and if I didn't like it I could leave.  So we picked up and left.  I'm never going back and by how fast they sell out of tickets, I'm sure it won't matter anyway.  I got better stuff to blow 25 bucks on...like gas money.  ::)
God, it's good to be in the frozen tundra!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.