Author Topic: Which is first???????  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Prophet5150

• IceShanty Rookie
Which is first???????
« on: Oct 15, 2007, 01:11 AM »
HI!!! Everyone!! Im kinda new to this forum and ice fishing too, I did a search on this and didnt get any results, I hope you dont think that this is a stupid question (I sure feel kind of stupid asking!!) but I use a Eskimo, fish house III I think is the model, its the 2-4 person pop-up tent style, anyway my question is,do most of you drill your holes first and then put the house/tent over the holes?, or drill from the inside after the house/tent is set up?, by the way I use a gas auger too. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

P.S.  Quit laughing I can already hear you and I havent even posted the question       
            yet  ???  ;D

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Which is first???????
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2007, 03:49 AM »
laughing nah...a question is only stupid if you asked it before and didnt listen to the answer   :D  i always drill the holes and clean them...then i slide my portable over the holes and fish!!   ;)  Welcome to Team Iceshanty

Offline IceRover

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2007, 05:04 AM »
Make yourself a small tarp template by laying it out in your shack and mark the holes. Fold it up. When out on the lake simply stand with your back to the wind and fling it open. Mark the holes , fold it up, drill your holes and clean them. Ahhhh….. Perfect fit every time. Don't catch them all! ;D

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2007, 05:47 AM »
if you get an icegator you can do  it eather way
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2007, 06:39 AM »
With my Clam 2000 I would unfold the house.  I new where the hole in it were from expereince, you could mark the bottom of the house if you wish.  Then I would drill the holes and not clean them out.  Pull the house over the holes and setup. Once I had the house setup, I would then clean the holes. The slush from the holes would seal the bottom from air coming in.  The floor in the Clam has channels and air can come streaming into your holes. Not sure if the Eslimo has that or not.  I never set up the house and them drilles the holes, the 2000 is too small to really do that comfortably.

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2007, 07:21 AM »
I have a clam 6800 - we setup the clam step in and just spin the auger blade in the holes to mark them - slide the house off to the side and finish/clean the holes. We push all the slush and crap off to the side and use it to seal the house to the ice for the day.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2007, 01:56 PM »
Get a flipover style shack.........Dont ever have to worry about that problem......... :laugh:

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2007, 04:10 PM »
I have the same Eskimo Quick Fish lll you have and I generally drill the holes first. There is plenty of room to do it from inside, but the Eskimo is so light and maneuverable that it is easy to position.

welcome to IS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.