Author Topic: Battle Lake info?  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Arctic

• IceShanty Rookie
Battle Lake info?
« on: Mar 20, 2007, 08:35 PM »
Heading to Battle tomorrow, just wondering where the best access is from and ice conditions. Never fished Battle before as I live alot closer to Gull and Sylvan. Thank-you, any info is greatly appreciated.

Offline Logan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "Ling King"
Re: Battle Lake info?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2007, 09:24 PM »
Good luck buddy, I just got the call that I start work tomorrow  :-\
My wife told me that if I go ice fishing again she'll leave me. God, I'm going to miss her! :D

Offline Arctic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2007, 09:55 PM »
Thanks Logan, give me a call when you get freed up. It looks like we might be sitting until early April. It would be nice to see things dry up a bit.

Offline fishmonger535

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • was that the wind???
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2007, 10:47 PM »
go onto the ice on the east side at battle lake park. small campground ran by the wetaskawin fish and game.  good fishing to the south of there on the east side.
catch em.. kiss em, and let em go.

Offline Arctic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2007, 10:59 PM »
Thank you for the info, it is appreciated. I will post tomorrow how I make out. It would be nice to find a few more whites before the ice is off.

Offline Arctic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2007, 11:57 PM »
Hit Battle today, the fishing was slow. We talked to a couple other people out there and they said it was not usually that slow. Fished all along the Southeast end, we only seen two whites of a decent size (others looked to be about 6-8''), no burbot, thousands of shiners and lots of pike.  We did catch alot of small pike (just pushing 63cm), and lost a couple really good ones at the hole in two feet of water. Fished   
2-20'. Water was pretty murky, but the camera sure helped.

Offline fishmonger535

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • was that the wind???
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2007, 09:56 AM »
ya i was there two weekends ago.. the burbot were goin nuts. must of been spawing. couldnt keep them away. and lotf of whites around too. hardly any pike. so things must of changed. slowed down then.
catch em.. kiss em, and let em go.

Offline Arctic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2007, 12:35 PM »
I  had been hearing that Battle is really good at first ice and picks up again in March. Have you fished it in the middle of winter at all? With all the baitfish around the fish of all species must have lots to eat. It looked like all they would have to do is swim around with an open mouth.  The shiners were thick from bottom-just under the ice. We tried a small gold Wetaskewin for a while and could'nt keep the shiners off. They were 3-4'' long and looked like good walleye bait. What size of whites and burbot were you guys catching? I hear there are some huge whites in there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.