Author Topic: Why do I keep coming back?  (Read 6298 times)

Offline SUDS

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Why do I keep coming back?
« Reply #30 on: Apr 13, 2007, 12:03 PM »
OK, my ice season here in SE PA ended recently.  I know I won't be getting back out this year.  But I keep coming here to see what everyone else is doing - even though I keep going to MFF too.

Why?

Am I trying to live through you guys up north?
Is it habbit?
Have I lost my mind?
Am I just avoiding doing work?

I know I'll be coming here in the middle of the summer probably -  a couple of times a month.  The nearest ice will be in my freezer, but I'll be here - even if I don't post.

Am I the only one?
Thanks for the uplifting message Jenk - I'm looking for a sponsor.

I think of ice fishing year round I check and fish places in summer for fishing places next Winter I work on my equipment in the summer for next winter I don't see anything unusual about this It's the way it is

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #31 on: Jun 24, 2007, 08:33 PM »
yep, anytime now *checks watch* well be back to icefishin',....id say about....180 days...
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jun 25, 2007, 06:32 AM »
Here it is the end of June...and I still check this site at least once a day!  I'm glad its not just me that is already looking forward to 2006-2007.

Offline Home Wood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jun 25, 2007, 11:20 AM »
Here it is the end of June...and I still check this site at least once a day!  I'm glad its not just me that is already looking forward to 2006-2007.

Are you going back to last season? Ha Ha, just joking. It's almost 90* out right now down here in NC and I am checking this site. Why? Because I am insane. I will start getting the ice itch towards the end of August. I am doing a lot of open water fishing down here with my new boat, so that will certainly help some.
2004 Honda Rancher 350 4x4
2014 Honda Foreman
2005 Arctic Cat Sabercat 600
Jiffy auger
lots of tip ups
2 slush spoons

Offline Pork Rind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jun 25, 2007, 01:57 PM »
DON'T FEEL LIKE THE LONE RANGER,  I CHECK IT SEVERAL TIMES ADAY MAYBE IN HIHOPES THAT SOEMONE SAYS THE ICE IS ON ::) ::)  HERE IN OHIO IT IS 85 86 AND HUMID AS HE!!.    OH WELL MORE BOAT FISHING. :-\ :-\
Pork Rind

Clam Pro Staff, Vexilar Pro Staff, Lure Lipstick Pro Staff, Aqua-Vu Pro Staff

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jun 25, 2007, 03:50 PM »
Are you going back to last season? Ha Ha, just joking. It's almost 90* out right now down here in NC and I am checking this site. Why? Because I am insane. I will start getting the ice itch towards the end of August. I am doing a lot of open water fishing down here with my new boat, so that will certainly help some.
You're right!!!  It must be the heat and lack of cold weather needed to keep my head clear.  I am looking forward to 2007-2008.  Hopefully it is a little longer/earlier that last year's season.

Offline Rockman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jun 26, 2007, 12:40 PM »
I went fishing on the Western end of Lake Erie last Friday in sunny 90 degree weather, and got my limit of walleye.  I could not help but think how much more fun it was sitting in my shanty next to my quad in the same spot only 120 days ago.  Christmas is 6 months away and so is the next season!  Only two more seasons until I am retired and can fish every day!  My wife is a school teacher and spends a lot of the summer going to garage sales and calls me at work when anything "ice related" is for sale.  I got most of my shanty's ( 2 of 3)  and a whole bucket of tipups from summer garage sales for penny's on the dollar.  Now, if she could just find me a spare Vex or Marcum for the kids or friends to use. ;D  This year I have her on the prowl for double mantle Coleman lanterns, in any condition,  @ $ 8.00 or less.   I have been drilling, wiring, switching and lamping them into electric table lamps and hope to give out many as Christmas gifts this year.  I will always keep my 2 Coleman lamps operational for the ice season though. ;)

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #37 on: Jun 26, 2007, 03:30 PM »
Very cool idea with the lanterns , sorry but I'm going to have to borrow that one .
A couple of them would look nice at deer camp .

Offline Pork Rind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jun 26, 2007, 03:43 PM »
Rockman;

Can you show pictures of these I too think that these would be cool.  Or will you give up your secret as to making them :D :D
Pork Rind

Clam Pro Staff, Vexilar Pro Staff, Lure Lipstick Pro Staff, Aqua-Vu Pro Staff

Offline Rockman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jun 29, 2007, 07:19 AM »
I took some images of the electric Coleman lamp last night.  Next, I will learn how to post the images over weekend and promise to repost with instructions on how I make the lamps. ;)

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #40 on: Jul 01, 2007, 05:35 PM »
Been out a lot fishing open water... but it sure don't compare to the hard stuff. Tired of the crowds and heat... gimmeeeee some hard water!

Offline Home Wood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jul 03, 2007, 09:54 AM »
That's perfectly understandable RVZ. :laugh: The heat is melting my brain too. I think I'll go read my How To Ice Fishing book and maybe do some video game ice fishing on Cabela's Alaskan Adventures on Play Station. Somebody speed up this summer!! >:(
2004 Honda Rancher 350 4x4
2014 Honda Foreman
2005 Arctic Cat Sabercat 600
Jiffy auger
lots of tip ups
2 slush spoons

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jul 03, 2007, 10:02 AM »
Got out for my first time on the open water in a small lake West of Lake George (Trout Lake) this past weekend.  Caught a few bass, sunnys, a couple of pickeral and quite a few perch.  Couldn't find the trout in Trout Lake.  Everybody went back except the perch.  Nothing like a meal of beer battered "perch poppers" and a cold one on a beautiful Adirondack afternoon in July, unless its a beautiful Adirondack afternoon in January!

I've never Ice Fished Trout Lake (Warren County, NY) before.  Anyone out there ever been?  I might have the chance to get out this winter and any tips would be appreciated.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.