The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Can't believe it's over....  (Read 2056 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Can't believe it's over....
« on: Mar 09, 2007, 09:14 AM »
I can't believe my season has come to an end barring some unforeseen cold snap. With Gore's Global Warming Oscar, I doubt a cold snap is in the horizon for the next millennium. Too bad Gore and his buddies weren't around when the glaciers were receding a hundred thousand years ago or so... hmmmm...

Anyhow... I really enjoyed the forum here and learned a lot. One thing I learned was I should have chosen a better screen name... Like... Big Rice.... Or Pig Nice... Or Jig Lice... Anything that rhymed with Big Ice would have been better. A name like that makes the 'eyes swoon. Well that and a hunk playing an air skimmer... Air skimmer groupies.... Who'd could have known about that?

Today and tomorrow I have off but my daughter and grandson are driving over to spend the night and hang out which is very cool. Then a few days back at work and I'm afraid there'll be no ice to hold up a 225lb phat man.

Ya guys have been fun and wished I could of met some of you on the ice. To next year fellers!!! (And flyfishrwmn!!!)  ;D

~ G

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Can't believe it's over....
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2007, 10:05 AM »
yeah, I'll be calling it a season too.  Lately too much OT and starting a kitchen remodel job for the home.  Plus headed to vegas on sunday for spring break.  Get to sit around the pool and watch the kids play in Sun.  To those still walking on water, be careful and good luck! Later KR

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2007, 01:38 PM »
I can't believe my season has come to an end barring some unforeseen cold snap. Anyhow... I really enjoyed the forum here and learned a lot. One thing I learned was I should have chosen a better screen name... Like... Big Rice.... Or Pig Nice... Or Jig Lice... Anything that rhymed with Big Ice would have been better. A name like that makes the 'eyes swoon. Well that and a hunk playing an air skimmer... Air skimmer groupies.... Who'd could have known about that?
~ G
     Roger that and echoes too G...I thought the three guys who really gave Big Ice a run for his money could have called themselves (rhyming) "Three blind Mice". Yeppers, twas a great WY IS season and I shall chime in with you and Ocean Eyes and make my sad goodbyes here. I've pretty much spent the last several days tweaking the boats (3) yes....some guy stopped by and slobbered and drooled all over Kermit. I 'm gonna have to keep him locked up, lest he disappear, Tight open-water lines and all of ya, it's been fun ,stay safe! Be Blessed! Amen  ;D
                             el-Teeeeee, The Godfather, The "Don" outta here!  :roflmao:
Bye Sissie, Dragonmaster, see y'all in the e-mails and then in April.     ;D ;D :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2007, 03:14 PM »
Tootles

I'm going to keep posting till I don't see you guys anymore but have a great soft season and we will defiantly hit it "hard" next year

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2007, 03:53 PM »
Hey, I ain't totally dropping off the radar, just I see where some of our guys have to, I'll still check pm's and post at night when I come in from walking on water, let's keep in touch Moot, specially if you get over to Lander fer a cup. BTW, to wjhoever's interested, I'm going to experiment with my Marcum, vertical jigging for perch from an anchored boat...anybody ever try that?...should work ok in fairly calm water....;D

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2007, 06:32 PM »
Guys! Wait it to soon to quit the ice fishing is just now getting good :woot: Get those waiters out! March Madness!

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2007, 06:55 PM »
Hey, I ain't totally dropping off the radar, just I see where some of our guys have to, I'll still check pm's and post at night when I come in from walking on water, let's keep in touch Moot, specially if you get over to Lander fer a cup. BTW, to wjhoever's interested, I'm going to experiment with my Marcum, vertical jigging for perch from an anchored boat...anybody ever try that?...should work ok in fairly calm water....;D

I will be on here off and on until next year too.  ex-Lt we did awesome all last spring and summer catching perch below the boat.  We used those crappie two hook rigs with a bell sinker on the bottom.  I should say my family did.  I was always too busy unhooking and rebaiting their lines.  When the ice comes off, look shallow instead of deep.

Big Ice, awesome walleyes!!  You're the Man this year!!  Later KR

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2007, 07:49 PM »
Guys! Wait it to soon to quit the ice fishing is just now getting good :woot: Get those waiters out! March Madness!
     Oh yeah, right! Hey wait guys, don't gooooo, I have more pictures of monster wallys, I caught these finger-fishing in the bathtub with sewing thread and a home-made fly manufactured from a #4 fish-hook and cat fur! Woooooo  :woot: Oooookay, we'll hang around until the ice on the lake is the consistency of a sno-cone or you go in over yer waders buddy!  :roflmao: :roflmao: Our very own Mr. Wizard, play us a tune on the ice-skimmer Steve, how about "Turn out the lights, the party's over."  ;D ;D ;D ;D Into the low 60's fer Monday's temp!

Offline Icemanjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2007, 10:08 PM »
Guys!  It's not over, we were at New Fork Tuesday and my buddy pulled in a 10 lb. Laker.  There is still 15"-18" of good ice.  It's not over, you just have to drive a little further.  It's not over until the bluebird sings, or until it actually gets warm over here. ;D
Here fishy fishy fishy, I don't want to hurt you, I just want to catch you!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2007, 11:28 PM »
Geez... Maybe it ain't over.. Guess we could all go take over the North Dakota forum or even the Canadian ones! Just learn to type the phrase "eh" at the end of your post, eh? And they'll never even know we're from Wyoming, eh?

(See how good it works, eh?)

~ G, eh?

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #10 on: Mar 09, 2007, 11:45 PM »
 Gamb00ler...LOL...eh!
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline lingrus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 10, 2007, 10:03 PM »
My brother in law said there were still people on the ice at Buffalo Bill yesterday.  I know there are some dandy bows to be caught.  But I think I will pass and get my boat ready.  Upper Sunshine is probably still safe though.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 10, 2007, 10:08 PM »
Oh heck yeah, there's still ice and it's tempting to just keep on doing it, easy drive over to Farson to fish Big Sandy res for ling, Pinedale, all the lakes are solid, just comes down to a long drive and what's better eating, lakers? or wallys and perch...hmmmm...WALLYS!  I'm with you bro, boat time... ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.