Author Topic: Anyone left?  (Read 2285 times)

Offline jimfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Set The HOOK!!
Anyone left?
« on: Mar 06, 2007, 01:24 PM »
Well I am wrapping up all my gear this weekend and getting the boat out. Anyone still trying to drill holes in Illinois?

Offline jackpine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Anyone left?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2007, 01:47 PM »
You bet, still drillin holes. Just across the border in cheese land a good 12"- 14" of good ice. I thinking 2 to 3wks left. I HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fran 8)
Keep Your Auger Sharp

Offline muskybait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2007, 05:15 PM »
plenty of ice in crystal lake 12 inches easy!!! ;D :thumbsup: the pike are hitting very good on tip ups, seems speratic all day, no real good time to go, and the gills are good too , in the 6-8 inch range.

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2007, 08:39 PM »
last i drilled which was yesterday, we had 14". i aint close to done. i will travel if needed.

Offline muskybait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2007, 08:57 PM »
were you up north? we still got plenty of ice here like i said, come on up!! will be out at crystal lake all day sunday.  :thumbsup:

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2007, 06:34 PM »
i was on bangs lake in wauconda. thats the only place ive been fishing lately becuase ive been doing so well out there. normally i fish the chain alot because i live on the chain. anyhoo, i dont think the ice is going anywhere anytime soon. how has crystal lake been doing ?

Offline muskybait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2007, 07:02 PM »
plenty of pike hitting, and an wandering musky every now and then, bass are so-so, gills everywere right now, and the crappie , well lets say they move around to much for me, im just mainly a tip up kind of guy :thumbsup: :tipup:

Offline Rfinkee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2007, 08:26 AM »
Been fishin Lake Marie alot lately,Good ice and the best bite seems to be just around dusk. :tipup:
With the rain tonight I'm not sure about the shoreline holding up.60's next week.

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2007, 11:19 AM »
i just ogt done riding my snow machine on fox and petite to burn most of the gas that was left. well the shoreline is okay on fox and petite right now and it looks like it will hold up at least into the weekend depending on how hard it rains. its looking like im only gonna get out once or twice more with my work schedule being the way it is.

Offline bowbass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2007, 10:50 AM »
im done also! not much ice left where i fish infact couple of lakes near me allready have closed due to unsafe ice! willow slough in indiana was my main honey hole and they shut down on saturday after a man fell through the ice and  DIED!!!!    SO TIME TO GET THE BOAT OUT AND  HIT SOME OF THE THE COOLING LAKES :o

Offline jimfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Set The HOOK!!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2007, 12:18 PM »
You're going to let a little thing like "unsafe ice" stop ya?? Well I went out to the forest preserves yesterday to find no ice.

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2007, 01:22 PM »
ya!
"MONGO'S"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.