The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Channel 16 PA Outdoor Life Show  (Read 7497 times)

Offline Madcap_Magician

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing forums make me feel like this!
Channel 16 PA Outdoor Life Show
« on: Mar 04, 2007, 07:20 PM »
*** DELETED ***
My 2nd rule of gunfighting: "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.  Ammo is cheap.  Life is expensive."[/color]

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Channel 16 PA Outdoor Life Show
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2007, 07:25 PM »
I am Reality Check...I salty fart who would spice up the show.  First I would tell a good joke or two when the action was slow.  I would bring in a sponsor like...Miller High life. And my co-host would be a different member other SWEDISH BIKINI team each week. ;)2 :clap: :thumbsup:  If you can get me the job...I will make your outdoor show the most talked about, and the most watched by all.  It is time we start a outdoor show that is less b.s. ;D
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2007, 07:36 PM »
seriously though,

I wrote in to my outdoor show a month ago...Michigan Out-of -doors.  I had some of the same complaints.  They have a co-hostess who just looks good on camera and that is all she is good for.  Corporate sponsorship has taken over the show so bad that the "outfits" they wear on the show makes them either look like a corporate billboard, or Elmer Fudd.  I got a return email informing me that I was all wet and did not know what I was talking about.  I talk to the real fan base for these outdoor shows,on the lakes,and in the woods all the time.  And a majority of these people are fed up with wishy washy outdoor shows like the one you and now I have talked about.

Offline bigfish_1556

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2007, 07:42 PM »
I'm willing to bet those folks have done an ice-fishing segment or two - they've been on the air for many years.....maybe it's time for a refresher episode, though :)
"A man is only as big as that which makes him angry" -Adlai Stevenson

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2007, 08:01 PM »
YOu are NOT some old fart who is ranting and raving.  YOU ARE RIGHT, YOU ARE RIGHT ,YOU ARE RIGHT! :o I am just glad that I am not the only guy who thinks this way to. :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2007, 08:15 PM »
I agree

Offline ice023

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2007, 06:23 AM »
i stopped watching that show years ago, they are out of touch with the sportsmen and women of PA.  do yourself a favor and change the channel...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty well-preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW What a Ride!"

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2007, 07:03 AM »
Those shows just go where the money is, in this case advertising. I get a magazine that used to be great; it was called " Pa Hunting and Fishing''. Then it became "Mid-Atlantic H+F''. My wife keeps renewing it as a gift or I would have bailed, cause it used to have fantastic coverage of ice fishing in this state, but lately all the articles seem to be about NY. The ice fishing coverage is only a couple of issues, and there is always an article about hunting giant muleys, or elk, out west. How is that about the Mid-Atlantic region? After reading this post I think I will write them, because there must be a lot of others who would like to see more local coverage. Is 53 old enough to be a complaining old fart? Maybe I should start a local magazine; how's "Ice Fishing PA'' sound? Would probably lose my life's savings in no time, but is is food for thought.

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2007, 07:36 AM »
I friend of mine just did a show on bird hunting in PA, he is going to do some archery hunting and spring turkey hunting too.  He called about doing some scouting on Sat. for these shows.  I asked him why they did not hit the odd ball shows like, trapping, fur handling, how to get ready for a trap line, ice fishing, running turtle lines, possibly something on frogen (man those thing taste good).  Why not do something that everyone is not already doing and have been doing year ofter offer a verity.

He said they had talked about an ice fishing show and said he would give me a call if it came together.  He then said knowledge of the other topics and having available resources to film the other topics plus the lack of interest were the reasons for not doing show on the other topics.  I said PA sells a huge volume of fur license and you could always expand on call critters Whit mouth calls or using electronic callers and runing dogs in those area as well.  To attract viewers, as fro the others they are a dieing arts now days and I'm sure you would find an interest form the viewers if only just to see how it is done. 

He then said I do not know I have only done one show but I will let you know.

Snapper

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2007, 05:20 PM »
that cupcake Mike Stevens was asking that guide, " WHY is the limit of rock bass ONLY 10, and the guide replies, because the numbers are WAY down. SO WHAT DOES MIKE DO, KEEPS 10 FISH.  HEY MIKE, BE A LEADER, SET A EXAMPLE TO THE PUBLIC ABOUT RELEASING SOME FISH FROM THE STREAMS  WHERE THE NUMBERS ARE LOW.  and if these guys dont ice fish, they shouldnt be working there.  a host of a outdoors show, should be an all around sportsman. 
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2007, 02:16 PM »
I had to laugh when they did a big segment on the proper cleaning of a rifle a few months ago.  The guest didn't do such a good job cleaning the rifle, but the really sad part was that NOT ONCE did they first mention to make sure that the gun was unloaded.

How many lives have been lost when cleaning a supposedly "empty" firearm?

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:20 PM »
why watch them fish and hunt or in this case not fish and hunt? go out and do it yourself!!!

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 08, 2007, 04:52 PM »
Keep watchin,  two weeks ago i met Ken Hunter , he was ice fishing on sayers dam , in centre county . he was there the week before also.  :) :tipup:

icewagon

« Reply #13 on: Mar 11, 2007, 11:43 AM »
I haven't watched Channel 16 for many years...I've sent many pictures of terrific fish that I and my boys caught and they never posted even one of them. Here's a sample of what I've sent. My boy was about 9 at the time, (he's now 24). You'd think they'd post a pic of a kid with a fish nearly as big as himself...but nope. not even a reply to him that he had a nice fish.
the pickerel that I'm holding was just a few ounces shy of the state record at that time. this was yrs ago, not recent.
Icewagon

Offline PackEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hit it!!! Smash it!!! Crush it!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 14, 2007, 05:53 PM »
I'll pass it along to Jake. My wife works there for 26 years.  Jacobs is a super guy and I know he would do something, only problem is shooting some ice stuff this late in the year. I'll pass it along though.

Packeyes.

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #15 on: Mar 14, 2007, 06:47 PM »
Packeyes he should know and not need to be proded.  Maybe Jacobs doesn't like to bait fish as much as he likes to bait bear. :o

icewagon

« Reply #16 on: Mar 14, 2007, 07:35 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
« Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2007, 08:27 PM »
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:yeah what lootie said

Offline weimman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 16, 2007, 10:37 PM »
3rd vote for the bear baiting.  Have zero use for this show.

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 17, 2007, 07:46 AM »
Maybe you should email him a link to this thread, show them what PA is really saying! ;)
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline gman2153

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Mar 17, 2007, 10:16 AM »
3rd vote for the bear baiting.  Have zero use for this show.

Too bad he beat that rap due to his/and the station's political connections.
At the time it happened I sent him an email asking him if he donated any $ to his baitin buddy that wasn't as fortunate.

I won't name him, but he used to appear on the show giving cooking presentations but I guess Channel 16 dropped him because they didn't want any law breakers associated with the show.

I guess Jake the Snake was baited into the baiting so he got a reprieve fron Channel 16 ::)

Funny how Jake is still

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
« Reply #21 on: Mar 21, 2007, 07:15 PM »
i think we should do what fatboy said this show is a joke  :whistle: :tipup:

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
« Reply #22 on: Mar 27, 2007, 08:53 PM »
in went to the expo it sucks even more than the tv show i wont wast my time there any more :sick: :tipup:

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:58 PM »
They should a show on safety harness for tree stands    (LOL)

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 24, 2007, 12:30 AM »
Was watching CH 16 Outdoor Life just now and they mentioned ice-fishing!  The way they said it I thought they were going to do a video segement about it.  They said how "excited they were about it starting" then went immediately into a video segement about last summer fly fishing then did a repeat segment about open water fishing at Raystown that they showed last winter - I specifically remember this segment from last January.  They could have at least shown a picture of last seasons ice fishing, discussed ice safety, show ice fishing equipment or anything else to do with ice fishing.  Yea, they are really excited about ice fishing - and I saw a pink elephant flying over my house today. 

That show sucks, but for some reason I keep watching it hoping they will show something I can relate to.

it's a shame that Stan Sowa past away, I've watched that show since I was a little kid, and I was actually sad that he's gone... but it seems like it's just a journal on what ever Don and his sidekick do... I wrote them many times, and asking them to give me a reason to watch their show.  I refuse to watch that show anymore!!!

Offline BEERNBAIT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 24, 2007, 01:48 AM »
yeah its worthless.  its basically repeats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 24, 2007, 07:15 AM »
We used to have an outdoor channel, OLN. It became Vs., and was immediately diluted with non outdoor sports, tennis, cage fighting, bull riding (I do like watching that) etc. Fri.'s and weekends are better for hunting and fishing, but if you aren't a big game hunter; good luck! That said, they will run an occasional segment on ice fishing. All and all, nothing like the channel it used to be. If they had a local outdoor channel in Delaware Co., it would probably be about getting the SUV ready for the mall!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.