Author Topic: Spring Bobbers  (Read 1404 times)

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Spring Bobbers
« on: Mar 01, 2007, 11:01 AM »
I "ve used some type of strike indicator for over 40 years.I've bought every kind of spring bobber made and tried  to make some myself.Last year tried the frabil type that fit" Any Rod"  they don't.I like to use UL lite rods 23 or 24 inches with high quality UL reels with several ball bearings. Here's a tip for all Panfishermen I like to pass on" Bic Lighter full size" they have a spring in them and they will fit any rod tip know matter how small. I insert spring  into tip about 1/2 and tie in with same tread you tie guides to your rods,add a dab or florecent orange paint to the tip and I guarantee you will never use any thing else.I've used this for as long as they made Bic lighter and I've turned all my buddies on to them. The springs are the most sensetive i've every used.You can't beat the price someone always throwing them away,and if you buy them they are cheap.One negetive thing is the spring loads up with ice while reeling in fish in very cold temps when hole hopping outside of shanty,just thaw it in your mouth and get back down the bite might not last.I hope some of you guys try it,your gonna like it!

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Spring Bobbers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2007, 11:27 AM »
Been using them for yrs now myself.
put a primer coat of white paint or nail polish on spring end first , then a coat of red or orange for a brighter color to see

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2007, 11:35 AM »
I use to tear apart ink pens for the springs. They work well.

But you need to FLING  THE SPRING!.
Yep, FLING THE SPRING!

The new UL rods and one pound test are performance at a peak. With light line, all you do is watch how the line leaves the last eyelet. If it loosens, set the hook! If it tightens, set the hook! If it acts weird, Set the Hook!

Fling The Spring!

On hits, swim byes etc...the line will be effected prior to the springs. Once you fling the spring, you won't go back. The results are phenominal.

Give it a try if you dare.

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2007, 12:56 PM »
The bic springs works well. I prefer .015 guitar wire.

Just my .02
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline seaweed01

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2007, 03:50 PM »
I make mine out of .015 guitar wire and they work great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.