Author Topic: Lowrance LMS-334c iGPS IceMachine  (Read 3204 times)

Offline swirusek

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lowrance LMS-334c iGPS IceMachine
« on: Feb 27, 2007, 12:44 PM »

Im trying to decide between LX-5 and Lowrance 334c
I read a lot of good stuff about LX-5 but the option that i can use Lowrance in soft water pushes me to buy this unit
I was looking at M68c but i really like the extra memory on 334c
What are you guys think - LX-5 or LMS-334c?
Thanks for the imput

Offline bhammer10

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing 24/7
Re: Lowrance LMS-334c iGPS IceMachine
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2007, 04:43 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Im trying to decide between LX-5 and Lowrance 334c
I read a lot of good stuff about LX-5 but the option that i can use Lowrance in soft water pushes me to buy this unit
I was looking at M68c but i really like the extra memory on 334c
What are you guys think - LX-5 or LMS-334c?
Thanks for the imput
i have the 334c ice pack it is by far the best fish finder i have ever used on the ice. i just put the chip in for the hot maps of the lakes in n.y. and it makes it even better than i could imagine...it travel,s well and sets up easy...the only thing i changed was the transducer bracket...i put a vexilar float on it, so its easy to put in and take out of the hole if u get a big fish on...also it allows you the flexibilty to put the transducer down thru thicker ice,.if i had to make the choice it would be the 334c by far.....thanks bhammer10

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2007, 06:22 PM »
I had it. Its very clear, and works awesome. The color is amazing. I went to a 17 amp battery too so it would hold a charge longer. I had problems with my internal antenna so I went to the external antenna unit ( 332 c) and I like it. I think I must have had a bad unit cause mine never was good at getting a signal but everyone else i knew that had one loved it.

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2007, 12:09 AM »
I put my 332c on a Blue box and got an ice ducer for it and really like it alot. The split screen zoom is awesome for seeing fish that arent quite on yur jig. I was amazed at the target separation it had!!! I also added a float cause I have been fishing on 30+ inches of ice and the metal bracket isnt long enough.

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2008, 11:00 AM »
I know this thread is almost a year old, wondered if anyone else had comments on this unit, i am in the process of making one of my 332c from my boat into an ice machine. I am inquiring on tricks/tips to these units as well as what map chips/software are you using.

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2008, 09:30 AM »
I run the navionics chip in mine. With the larger blue box I attached the antenna base to the handle and then I can take the GPS puck from my blue box to my boat by just adding the longer GPS cord. I dont use the GPS unit much because the handhelds are easier for moving around with and looking at.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.