Author Topic: Fishfinder Vs Flasher  (Read 1616 times)

parbus

Fishfinder Vs Flasher
« on: Dec 15, 2003, 02:10 PM »
Call me stupid.  But what is the advantage of a flasher vs a humminbird fishfinder when it comes to ice fishing?  Just to qualify.  I don't use my own holes.  I rent out a shack so I don't need a machine to find the fish before drilling.  I just set up in the shack they give me and hope for the best.  So why do you use a flasher instead of the regular LCD fishfinder?  I have only been fishing a couple of times and we used a regular eagle fishfinder in the hole and it worked great.  What is a flasher?  I was thinking of buying a hummingbird FF and setting it up on a rod in the hole.  Plz help out.

Paul

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re:Fishfinder Vs Flasher
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2003, 02:27 PM »
Go to Vexilar.com and you will see what a flasher is.

Do a search on the forum and you will find at least a couple of threads on this subject.

I think you will come to the conclusion that most everyone is loyal to their brand or type of sonar.

You have several options as far as ice fishing sonar.

As far as units ready to go new out of the box there is Vexilar, Marcum and Lowrance.

Then there are the various LCDs that need to be setup for icefishing. I know guys that use LCDs that are bought as portables and only need the transducer rigged for the ice. Then there are units that start out as boat units that have been rigged for both portability and ice duty.

I like my Vexilar. It works for me.

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
Re:Fishfinder Vs Flasher
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2003, 05:57 PM »
parbus,
We all have been in the dark as far as flashers go...until we have seen one in action.
I also started out with a LCD.I though it was the neatest thing...Then a friend bought a flasher,and it was all over...I seen what I had been missing...I had to have one...I would sell my LCD if I could remember where I have put the dang thing.
I wish that I would have found this site before I spent the cash on a LCD.
Try to see one if you can.Maybe you can see what everyone is talking about.
Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.