The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: keep Heards Pond clean  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Doggz1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Think like pike
keep Heards Pond clean
« on: Feb 19, 2007, 04:58 PM »
Fished Heards Pond today...(slow, slow, slow...9 hrs not a flag)....but when we got set up and started to make camp we noticed a fire pit that was from yesterday...filled with about 42 empty, burnt, beer cans, and trash everywhere. Now we've all seen litter and trash at places before but this one in particular really got me fired up (no pun intendend)
Now whats going to happen is this...... about 20 years of the bottom of that pond covered in rusted metal, and that sweet weed edge (where the fire was)turned to dust.

I hope the guys that did that see this......that place has seen enough pollution and is just starting to look better, clean up after yourself.

OH YEAH it took two trash bags to get them all out...not counting the ones that were still frozen in the ice!!!!!

Fish when I can

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: keep Heards Pond clean
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2007, 05:20 PM »
  100% TOTAL LOSERS. :%$#!:  Jacka**es like this are the reason we will lose access to some lakes and ponds. I doubt if they see this they really care what we think. These cretins have NO respect for anything.Birth control is a wonderful thing! :woot:

Offline Doggz1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Think like pike
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2007, 05:38 PM »
  100% TOTAL LOSERS. :%$#!:  Jacka**es like this are the reason we will lose access to some lakes and ponds. I doubt if they see this they really care what we think. These cretins have NO respect for anything.Birth control is a wonderful thing! :woot:
:woot: :clap:
Fish when I can

Offline Doggz1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Think like pike
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2007, 05:49 PM »
Not just Heards Pond either...every pond, lake, trail, campground... etc we are having a hard time getting rid of the bad rep....
Fish when I can

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2007, 06:52 PM »
doggz

that sucks ...thanks for your efforts in cleaning it up...

last weekend i picked up trash in the parking area where someone dumped out their lunch trash and cans...

a**holes....

K

Offline mgarvey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2007, 06:56 PM »
Jerks, gives us all a bad name. If you are going to have a fire use a burn barrel and take the ashes to the edge of the pond and dump them out there.

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2007, 09:03 PM »
Dam fools its not so much the ashes but the trash people see. It gives all sportmen a bad rap >:( People see the fires and not a big deal but when these JERKS leave their trash everywhere no wonder people post signs for no fishing ect.. everywhere.

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline slabcrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2007, 06:49 AM »
Just ignorant a-holes; I wonder if you dumped all that trash on their front lawns; do you think they'd mind?  Where I fish, there's an island which is the designated party spot for these kinds of people., and yes, they are fishermen,  no lie, I'd have to bring out a darn big jet sled to haul all the pollution off the island; makes me want to vomit when I see this!

Offline bluedog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2007, 03:15 PM »
"and that sweet weed edge (where the fire was)turned to dust" I have thought about this but never got a good answer. What's your thoughts about after effects of ash into the water?

Offline Doggz1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Think like pike
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2007, 05:22 PM »
"and that sweet weed edge (where the fire was)turned to dust" I have thought about this but never got a good answer. What's your thoughts about after effects of ash into the water?
What i meant by that statement was this....had nothing to do with the fire...it was the cans and the rust they would produce in the water after ice out.  The location of the fire, cans and the trash is along a SWEET weed edge...along the edge of a small point in the pond (almost a bottleneck), prime location for pike.  The after effects of the rust would kill the weeds in the water thus ruining a great target area for those toothy critters.

As for the affects of the ashes...i've heard different things...1. they produce oxygen in the water
                                                                                  2.  they produce carbon dioxide in the water
                                                                                  3.  they are a natural fertilizer (which i use in my garden)
Dont know much else other than pure speculation.  I clean them up anyway just in case.
Fish when I can

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.