Author Topic: suspended crappies  (Read 1861 times)

Offline quad700

• Team IceShanty Regular
suspended crappies
« on: Feb 18, 2007, 05:02 PM »
I have fished a few times this season,and hardly evr see suspended fish on my vex.Am I not seeing crappies,or can the crappies be on the bottom like the other fish.Thanks
Still waiting for that huge crappie to land in my frying pan.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: suspended crappies
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2007, 09:15 PM »
They can be anywhere in the water column. May just be you're not where they are.

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!FISH OFF.............
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2007, 07:31 AM »
I had the same problem so i stayed where the crappie usually are and i put my jig a foot off the bottom then i started to hammer them, as the night got later they started to rise.
Tom G :tipup:<br />

Offline snaggerr

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep the beer in the shanty
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2007, 10:04 PM »
Sometimes I jig half way down and they just appear,your transduser eye gets smaller asyou get shallower , if not a school they might be out of veiw,but you can draw them in.
[IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/snaggerr/IceShantyBanner-1.png[/imagine  Since there is six times as much water than land anyone can see that the good lord intended for man to fish six times more than he works.

Offline quad700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2007, 08:32 PM »
Well I have been out a couple times since. From what I can tell on the few I have caught they were on bottom up until closer till dark. Thanks guys
Still waiting for that huge crappie to land in my frying pan.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2007, 10:01 PM »
Got into some nice ones this afternoon off a rocky point suspended 16'-18' in 25'-30' deep water. A couple of'em shot out of nowhere to grab my jig and I never saw them before they hit. My puck sits only a few inches underneath the water and the ice was running close to 2' deep, so my 'view column' isn't very wide either. I need to fix that for next season...  ::)

~ G

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.