The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Pond near Chebacco  (Read 1652 times)

Offline ice_fish

• IceShanty Rookie
Pond near Chebacco
« on: Feb 15, 2007, 10:48 AM »
Was wondering if anyone here fished the pond that is located between Beck's Pond and Chebacco Lake. When going past Beck's and before Chebacco this pond is located on the right hand side. Not looking for any spots but wondering what the sunnies and crappies situation is like there. Also, Putnamville Reservoir in Danvers same question. Thanks

Offline slabcrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Pond near Chebacco
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2007, 12:26 PM »
Its called Round Pond; good for crappie and pan fish, fished it lots.  Chebacco is the place to go if you want Crappie, I've fished it extensively.

Offline ice_fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2007, 12:29 PM »
What is the size of the fish in Round pond, out of the three ponds there, is Chebacco your best bet for size?
Thanks

Offline ice_fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2007, 08:55 AM »
Thank you for the reply, may give Round a try this weekend

Offline tilted

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2007, 05:53 PM »
I may be there in the morning if it's not going to snow. Look for grey silverado SWBC sticker on back window. It's close to my house but I've only been there twice I'm still figuring it out.
Burn Baby Burn!!!!

Offline ice_fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2007, 12:21 PM »
Sorry to miss you tilted but I was able to get out there Saturday all afternoon.....only one other guy out there and not sure how he did....I was able to get 20-30 sunnies and crappies and a few of the crappies were in the 13 inch range.....some very nice fish....

Offline slabcrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2007, 12:30 PM »
Way to go!! ;D

Offline fishinfergy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2007, 04:28 PM »
nice work, i recognize you i was the one talking to you at hood that day :tipup:
Go B's

Offline keoka

• IceShanty Rookie
  • it,s a walking on water thing
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2007, 04:47 PM »
Nice crappie. what were you getting for ice thickness?

Offline ice_fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2007, 07:31 PM »
Thanks for the cudo's guys and had a good conversation with you fishinfergy at hood, have you been back there since....ice on round was around 12 inches and the snow slush from the other day is frozen hard as a rock....had to really search around for the fish but once they were located got some nice ones....fishinfergy, I gave another lesson on the ice with my Vexilar to another angler....think I may have sold him on using these while ice fishing.... ;D

Offline fishinfergy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2007, 10:25 AM »
Thanks for the cudo's guys and had a good conversation with you fishinfergy at hood, have you been back there since....ice on round was around 12 inches and the snow slush from the other day is frozen hard as a rock....had to really search around for the fish but once they were located got some nice ones....fishinfergy, I gave another lesson on the ice with my Vexilar to another angler....think I may have sold him on using these while ice fishing.... ;D
[/quo

no i havent been back but you sold me to only if i had the $$
Go B's

Offline ice_fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2007, 08:03 PM »
Went to round today and had a tough time.....located some sunnies but the crappies were no where's to be found.....checked all around with the Vexilar but couldn't find anything that was suspended....may be heading to Hood on Thursday morning for a quick fix on crappies before work....

Offline tilted

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2007, 05:58 PM »
I hit it Sun morning and it was tough going as well. I had some decent size shiners left over from a previos trip and could only come up with yellow perch.
 Not quite the right bait for that place. It's a much better jigging pond than a tip up place. I also went to Putnamville Mon and managed a couple big pics and some jumbo yellow perch. Didn't do any jigging cause I had my portable shack placed close to shore to block the wind.Hopefully it will stay cold enough for a couple more good weekends. From my experience we're pretty much done on the north shore by St Pattys Day. Going to Maine this weekend will post when I return. See Ya
Burn Baby Burn!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.