The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Brest Bay  (Read 801 times)

Offline calvin21

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My best!
Brest Bay
« on: Feb 14, 2007, 04:21 PM »
What is happening at brest bay thinking about trying it this weekend.  Also i heard about a pressure crack that is holding everybody inside of it, what's going on there.

Offline littleworm

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Brest Bay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2007, 05:39 PM »
dont take my word for it because i havent been there my self by a guy told my buddy it was from stoney point to the marina??? dont know but i hope it freezes over good!!

Offline steve8186

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2007, 07:38 AM »
Went out last night.   

Lake Condition Report
The lady at the bait store said the crack ran from up around stoney point to Sterling State Park.  We fished 1/4 mile inside of the crack, and the way it was running it looked like she was right.  There were about 10 shanties out last night and 2 or 3 of them were out farther than the crack.   Because there was not a lot of people going out, there was not a trail going out.  The snow was drifted up and real powdery.  It acted like graphite on the ice.  We had a tough time getting out on our 4-wheeler, because we were getting stuck a lot.  We couldn't get traction to push.  Coming in was a little better because there was a couple of tracks.  We fished in 16 feet of water and had more than 12" of ice.

Fishing Report
It was a typical Lake Erie Ice Fishing experience for me.  An adventure getting out there, really cold and wind, and did not mark a single fish.  We fished for 3 hours and did not mark a fish on our fish finder.   Nothing even came in to look at our bait.  I talked to another guy that had the same experience.  I will be back, I just want to be there one day when fish are being caught.

Offline littleworm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2007, 04:57 PM »
Hey dont you know you shoulda been fishing yesterday??? thats when they were catchin em!!!! haha ya thats what you always hear.. well good luck ill prob be out this weekend

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.