Author Topic: anybody cold??  (Read 2435 times)

grumpymoe

anybody cold??
« on: Dec 12, 2003, 04:21 PM »
i'm notorious for building hot fires anytime. good thing the shanty has a floor--set record temperature a few days ago (126f)..if anyone needs spare heat-let me know  8) 8) 8)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
Re:anybody cold??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2003, 05:45 PM »
Reminds of a time when Big Pete was making a 2lb hamburger, the shack was like 120 degrees+ after he was finished preparing it. He had a puddle about a foot deep of water around the shack. I had the doors and windows open I was sweating like a pig, well Pete is sitting there and he starts looking a little green around the gills. He stood up and said maybe he should go outside and get some fresh air, he no more than made it out the door and passes out! My brother, who gets rather excited in tense situations, starts doing his version cpr, (frantic pounding on Petes back) a minute goes by and Pete just staring into space, were freakin, well we try to move Pete and put him in my car... he's like 260lbs + of dead weight and the two of us can't even budge him :o I was just about ready to go run for help, when Pete slowly starts coming to. Were yelling at him "Pete! Pete! You alright?" First thing to come out of his mouth was, Oops I think I crapped my pants ;D We still laugh about that one :'( Of course he was joking and we went on to fish the rest of the evening.

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2003, 05:55 PM »
I was out about 2 weeks ago and was fishing without my shack for 2 1/4 hours in -30f.  caught 6 burbot that night.  Its not good to take your hands out of your gloves when its that cold

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2003, 06:32 AM »
Geeze,
You guys fishing in shanties or saunas!

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2003, 07:46 AM »
Heck I'm happy when I can't see my breath in the shanty................ .
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2003, 08:14 AM »
GET TUFF GO WITH NO SHELTER :'(
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Mike P. Sheahan

« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2003, 09:17 AM »
I was pretty cold this morning waiting on the side of the road for the tow truck.  Water pump picked a nice day to blow.

Wish I would have had my shanty in the van so I could have set it up and turned on the heater!

ice fishing fool

« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2003, 10:36 AM »
ain't nuttin  like getting out of the wind when ice fishing, sure make's it easier to tie knot's, feel fingers and bait hooks. those foolish enough to be out in the open is their own choice.

Offline shark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2003, 05:33 PM »
I wish it would stay cold!!!!! Every time we start getting ice it warms up, Now were looking at a foot of snow tommarow, not good for making ice :'(
How's the ice

fogcutter

« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2003, 05:47 PM »
I usually set my portable up to get out of the wind and have a sandwich.I do like sitting on a bucket though! C'mon Ice !
FOG 8)

grumpymoe

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2003, 07:12 AM »
rgfixit--i have been known to turn it into a wet sauna-couldn'd see my buddy sitting in the opposite corner of the shack-man was it nice ;D

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2003, 09:56 AM »
Grumpymoe
I'm not sure I'd fish with 2 guys in a steam bath ::)

We're not shack fishermen here in NY. Permanant shanties are not allowed on most of the lakes around here so we stick to portables...I'm a Fish Trap fisherman...I move a lot most of the time...If the weathers nice and the bite good I'll put out the tipdowns and play in an area for the day.

Mostly its move, move, move!

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

grumpymoe

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2003, 09:32 AM »
rgfixit--definetly no tightlining in a steam bath ;D ;D ;D---a word of caution--DONT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR CAR/TRUCK OR ANOTHER SHANTY TO DRY YOUR CLOTHES OUT-GRUMPY >:( >:(

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2003, 11:18 AM »
I wish I could just get onto the ice, No sweating on the ice here. I luv The cold

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.