The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Dead jiffy auger  (Read 970 times)

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
Dead jiffy auger
« on: Feb 12, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Well....my "new" jiffy auger is in the shop. I bought it last January and used it twice. Pulled it out to fish this past weekend and the recoil starter broke on the third pull. I brought it to the local service center and he needed a warranty confirmation so I wrote to jiffy and asked for help. Here's what I received for a reply...
The recoil is part of the Tecumseh engine, therefore part of the Tecumseh warranty.  Not the Jiffy warranty.  Tecumseh requires proof of the date of purchase, ie sales receipt, not when the Owners Registration was sent.  The warranty is for one year from the date of purchase.

Jeff Huenink

Marketing

Feldmann Engineering & Mfg. Co. Inc.

So basically.....I have to pay to fix my "new" auger that I paid $380. for one year and a week ago! The worst part is that my wife had picked out a different auger and I sold her on the new jiffy stealth stx that was $100 more.
OUCH!
FTD

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Dead jiffy auger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2007, 11:02 AM »
:pinch: OUCH!!  :pinch: By one week! That really sucks, FullTimeDad.

flockshot

« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2007, 11:04 AM »
yeah thats hard dude.. sorry to hear about that.

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2007, 01:59 PM »
on the flip side...I went up to my grandparents house this weekend.......got tired of hand drilling thru 18" of holes, so I went in and got his 196x somehthing jiffy auger........sprayed just a dab of ethyr in the carb and she fired right up......once she was warm she started on first pull..

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2007, 03:50 PM »
I like using chain saws when the ice gets this thick. Got over a foot at all the local lakes 'round here. I just put veggie oil in the bar lube resevoir. That way DNR can't say anything. But I'm use to cutting a 1' by 8' hole for the perm. shanty!
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.