Author Topic: westmeath icefishing derby  (Read 2232 times)

Offline algoneida

• IceShanty Rookie
westmeath icefishing derby
« on: Feb 12, 2007, 02:04 PM »

help support a good cause....... westmeathe fire department is holding a derby to help raise money for an atv.

The event will be held at Nangor Resort at Westmeath with registration beginning at 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 16.

The derby will continue on through Saturday and Sunday, wrapping up with awards presentations by 3 p.m. on Sunday.  donated  prizes

http://www.thedailyobserver.ca/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentid=400933&catname=Sports&classif=

for newspaper story  click the link

Offline bigbuck196

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: westmeath icefishing derby
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2007, 07:13 AM »
help support a good cause....... westmeathe fire department is holding a derby to help raise money for an atv.

The event will be held at Nangor Resort at Westmeath with registration beginning at 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 16.

The derby will continue on through Saturday and Sunday, wrapping up with awards presentations by 3 p.m. on Sunday.  donated  prizes

http://www.thedailyobserver.ca/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentid=400933&catname=Sports&classif=

for newspaper story  click the link

Offline bigbuck196

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2007, 08:29 AM »
Hi i have a cottage right across the ice bridge from lapasse on the fort coulange side.My first question is where is a good spot for fishing and safe to travel on the ice.My fist year new in the area.I would love to fish in the derby. Would i be able to fish in the derby where i am located? Thanks

Offline algoneida

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2007, 03:10 PM »
i'm bot too sure...i think that there is an enclosed area.....click on the link in the first message...there is an email address for the fire hall..they can answer that for you. I only posted this as it is a good cause and figured this forum would give them some more exposure...i'm from mattawa (between north bay and pembroke) but living in london...wish i had the weekend off to go.

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Nangor is ALL sand :)  :-\   I  have fished there many times in the summer as my cottage is only a fewminutes away in Waltham..Any questions bout the area feel free to send me a PM...
Andrew

Offline bigbuck196

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2007, 07:39 AM »
Nangor is ALL sand :)  :-\   I  have fished there many times in the summer as my cottage is only a fewminutes away in Waltham..Any questions bout the area feel free to send me a PM...

Offline bigbuck196

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2007, 07:42 AM »
  Andrew i can't figure out your email address?

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2007, 09:10 AM »
Andrew

Offline bigbuck196

• IceShanty Rookie

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.