New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Pinacle pond Addison ny  (Read 493 times)

Offline fishingbuddycb

• IceShanty Rookie
Pinacle pond Addison ny
« on: Feb 08, 2007, 11:43 AM »
was told about this place from an old timer.  was wondering if anyone knew where it is.

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Pinacle pond Addison ny
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2007, 05:00 AM »
Pinnacle State Park--there is a golf course at the top of the hill outside Addison.  Just past the golf course the road ends at a couple tracts of state land.  There is a lane way to the right that accesses the pond.  Foot travel only about a hundred yards to the pond and it's a big pond.  I have done well there in summer on bass, bluegills and pickerel from a canoe but haven't been there on ice.  One of my favorite get away from the world places that I don't get to enough.  Let me know how you do if you go.

Offline goneunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pinacle pond Addison ny
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2007, 06:05 AM »
I have fished the pond at Pinnacle both summer and winter, with little luck on the ice. If I recall, there was about a foot of snow making the water very dark, and I got skunked.  I'd like to go back and tackle this pond again because I know there's several species in there.  Someone once told me that deep ponds have a no oxygen layer near the bottom and you won't find fish at that level, but I have no way of confirming that.   Please post how you make out.  Good luck.

KW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.