The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Anyone have a 2HP Jiffy Stealth?  (Read 793 times)

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Anyone have a 2HP Jiffy Stealth?
« on: Feb 08, 2007, 07:20 AM »
I have a 2HP Jiffy Stealth and I believe I may be missing a return spring on the carb.  On the bottom of the carb there is a gold "L" shaped lever that opens when the throttle is opened.  It has a screw to stop the lever when it returns to idle.  When I open the throttle the lever moves, but when I leave the throttle go the lever does not return to the idle position.  It looks like there is a hole there for a spring to help it return.  Can someone check theirs to see if a spring is attached?  Thanks
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Anyone have a 2HP Jiffy Stealth?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2007, 03:18 PM »
There is no spring on the bottom of the carb at the "L shaped" plate on the bottom of the carb. I see the hole you are refering to. There is a spring that connects the plate on top of the carb to the throttle lever. It is a little silver spring behind the gas tank that is hard to see. The shaft through the carb just sort of floats there and does not touch the idle screw when the motor is not running, but touches the screw when the motor is running. The carb looks sort of crappy and if I have trouble with mine I'm going to chuck it and put on a good walbro carb.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Anyone have a 2HP Jiffy Stealth?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2007, 08:24 AM »
Thanks.  After looking at it more closely I see that the lever is kinda spring loaded and will return itself to the idle position.  I started it up the other day and had some gas dripping from that lever.  I thought maybe there should be a spring there because the lever seemed to loose.  Thanks again.
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.