Author Topic: Help with ?  (Read 852 times)

Offline shootnmiss09

• Team IceShanty Regular
Help with ?
« on: Feb 07, 2007, 09:13 PM »
HEy-

THis is to do with open water fishing, but I jsut decided to put it here. Newayz I finally decided to get wiht the program and buy my first fishfinder. It is a Humminbird 565, it seems to be really nice, but havent installed it yet. It is going to be mounted on my 14ft 1960 sumtin Lund Boat. When i drill teh holes in the back of the boat, for the transducer, It says i am spose to use MArine Grade Silicone. Where do I get taht, do any local stores have that?
$~I'd Rather be FISHING right now~$

~IcE FiShErMeN wAlK oN wAtEr~

"Here's the deal...I'm the best there is!" -Ricky Bobby

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
Re: Help with ?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2007, 07:30 AM »
Hey-

This is to do with open water fishing, but I just decided to put it here. Anyway, I finally decided to get with the program and buy my first fishfinder. It is a Humminbird 565 and seems to be really nice, but I haven't installed it yet. It is going to be mounted on my 14ft 1960's Lund Boat. When I drill the holes in the back of the boat for the transducer, the install documentation says I am suppose to use Marine Grade Silicone. Where do I get that, do any local stores have that?

You should be able to find Marine grade Silicone at any big box store or well stocked hardware store with the rest of the caulking.  I used 3M on my boat and I bought it at an ACE Hardware Store. 

Offline ice023

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2007, 07:40 AM »
i bought a portable tranducer mount from cabelas so i did not have to drill into the boat,  it have had it for about 7 or 8 years and it works great. 
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty well-preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW What a Ride!"

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2007, 09:30 AM »
HEy-

THis is to do with open water fishing, but I jsut decided to put it here. Newayz I finally decided to get wiht the program and buy my first fishfinder. It is a Humminbird 565, it seems to be really nice, but havent installed it yet. It is going to be mounted on my 14ft 1960 sumtin Lund Boat. When i drill teh holes in the back of the boat, for the transducer, It says i am spose to use MArine Grade Silicone. Where do I get taht, do any local stores have that?

I would suggest that you mount a transducer mounting board on your boat. That way if you go to a different sonar, you won't be drilling more holes in your boat. The board mounts with 4 screws and from then on you just drill the holes in the mounting board. I have done this on most of my boats.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2007, 10:39 AM »
I would suggest that you mount a transducer mounting board on your boat. That way if you go to a different sonar, you won't be drilling more holes in your boat. The board mounts with 4 screws and from then on you just drill the holes in the mounting board. I have done this on most of my boats.
I'm on my 3rd fish finder in 10 years and sure am glad I put a board on. Now I'm thinking about a new boat ahead of another board.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.