Author Topic: Broke two Noodle Rods , looking for good replacement.  (Read 799 times)

Offline gofish33

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gone fishin
The tips on my two Noodle rods splintered on my two recent fishing trips. The orange tip part just splintered on both of them.  I went to the HT website and clicked their 'email' link but nothing ever came up, all the other links on the page work fine ....maybe they don't want to get emails.

I liked the soft tip on the Noodle and reasonable backbone for reeling in fat bluegills. Anyone recommend a replacement,,,,that will stay together.

OBTW: Caught a lot of nice bluegills on Marmish jigs tipped with a maggot.

Thanks,
gofish33

Offline walbra60

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAG------------STAFF, ARIZONA
Re: Broke two Noodle Rods , looking for good replacement.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2007, 10:26 PM »
i really like the 30 inch panfish popper from frabill. it has really fine spring bobber on the end of the rod. It has detected some of slights bites that i missed on my other rods. but it also comes in other lenghts.
i love the gander mountain discount.

Offline gofish33

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gone fishin
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2007, 05:54 PM »
Thanks , I'll check the Frabill website

gofish33

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2007, 06:02 PM »
HT has a great inexpensive HT-UL-24", which I hope is not what shattered. I spool with 1# test and pull limits constantly with this rod. FLING THE SPRING! With this rod there is no need for a spring or any other style of strike indicator! The rod is so noodly that it acts as an indicator. I landed a 28" fat gator this past weekend with it on the 1# test!. Great action! Just need to watch how the line leaves the last eye hole. If it loosens slightly, set the hook! If it tightens slightly, set the hook!. If it acts weird....Set The Hook!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2007, 06:15 PM »
contact BobberStop here at Ice Shanty I'd recommend one of his rods any day..
Hard Ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.