Author Topic: I don't like Otter customer service !  (Read 1197 times)

Offline mormyshka

• Team IceShanty Regular
I don't like Otter customer service !
« on: Feb 05, 2007, 09:24 AM »
My new Otter Magnum Lodge arrived Friday. (with shipping and taxes cost me a fortune)
I put the frame together and started to install the tent when the size of the canvas hit me right
beetween the eyes. Oh, no!!! It was a cabin tent in magnum package. Grrrr! (and the trip is planned
and set) Nobody there during the weekend ,so I called them (Otter customer service) today (Monday)
morning. Sure ,they will replace the tent with the right one ,but I HAVE TO send them the wrong one
and pay for the shipping (it will be refunded later!) , it will take approx. a week , and nobody even say
sorry to  me!! Do I have  a "moron" tattooed on my forehead?? Hey! Otter guys- you made a mistake ,so
say sorry ,prepay the courier for pickup and delivery and be nice to people who spending 1,128.00 bucks
for your product.(so far useless to me)
I will keep you informed.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I just wasted.

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
Re: I don't like Otter customer service !
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2007, 10:21 AM »
Sorry to hear you had problems too. My buddy had similar issues and took forever to get it worked out with them.And like you said not even a sorry from them !!!!!!!!!!!!! Only thing i can tell ya is next time try a clam. :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline mormyshka

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2007, 02:13 PM »
I can't believe that ! Girl from customer service promised to ship it today and email me the tracking number.
Well , it is after 3 PM and I have nothing. I called them again , and she is not in the office (and only she  knows
was it shipped or not) They don't care!!! :%$#!: :%$#!:

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:08 PM »
I had a tear in the seat of the lodge I got. I emailed and then called them. They had a new seat shipped before the old was picked up. They had me box the torn seat and put a reference # on it and the shipping company picked it up. Didn't cost me a thing.
I have nothing but good things to say about them. Are you dealing with Otter directly or with someone that sells there product? I forget who I talked with. It was Mandy at first then her boss Steve I think it was.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline mormyshka

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2007, 07:35 PM »
It  was Mandy. She called me back later today with tracking number. Will see. If they want their stuff back
they have to pick it up or send me the money for shipping. I am not willing to pay for their mistakes.

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2007, 05:27 AM »
mormyshka,

I'm with you 100% on this one.  With all the competition out there - Clam - Frabill - Shappell - Viking - Otter - Etc - you'd think they would have a mind set that says - anything for the customer at any cost!

Hopefully they get thier act together before this thread spoils future sales....which it should if the issue is not resolved properly.  Ice fishing is an absolute blast and all of us, it seems, are part of one huge network.  Bad service like this can spread like a wildfire and then next thing you know, it's Clam - Frabill - Shappell - Viking - xxxxx - Etc.!

You should never have to pay for another's mistake....that's the credo around the SleePac House!

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2007, 05:48 AM »
Where was inspector #7  ?  Doesn't seem to be much quality control anymore.  Good luck and hope the new one shows up Quickly and the rest gets straightened up.

Offline mormyshka

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2007, 05:48 PM »
Thanks for the support guys! ;D I am feeling better now ;)(to cold for fishing here anyway- 34C)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.