Author Topic: Ice Fishing Boots:  (Read 18871 times)

Offline cagetrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta Love the Vexilar FL 18:
Ice Fishing Boots:
« on: Feb 04, 2007, 02:39 PM »
I'm wondering......

What is the Warmest Ice Fishing Boots there is to offer. Price is No Option for me...If my feet get cold, while sitting on a Bucket, I'm done..

I purchased the ALL NEW Ice Armor Ice Fishing Suit and it's really nice. Of course, it didn't come with Boots.

So, IF Anyone has any idea what type of boot for me to get PLEASE let me know.

I'll be watching this to come up.

I was told to get the old style Mickey Mouse Boots..

Thanks.

Stan

Offline rbud3

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Fishing Boots:
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2007, 02:43 PM »
Mickey Mouse Boots , You can get them at army/navy store's or on e-bay.
All rubber,a tad heavy -but not cold.

Offline meatman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2007, 02:44 PM »
i have irish setters by red wing shoes.  1400 gram thinsulate, bought a gander mtn. :tipup:

Offline cagetrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2007, 02:54 PM »
Rbud..

We do have a Army Surplus Store on Burton and Division..I'll check them out on Monday..

And Meatman.

We have a Gander Mountain also...Are they really warm?

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2007, 03:20 PM »
I have the LaCrosse iceman boots and my feet have never been cold.

HIMO
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline BOOBSS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2007, 03:27 PM »
Got my LaCrosse icemans this year unreal went out last week in -20 stood 8 hrs on the ice not a hint of cold feet. 4 other people with me all griping about their feet. They all said they were going to buy a pair.

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2007, 03:28 PM »
I have Baffins and redwings If im walking its the redwings baffins r fantastic for watching tipups
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline cagetrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Well..........I guess I'm going to have to go to Gander Mountain on Monday and see what they have there..

I plan on spending some bucks....

Thanks guys for all your helpful hints.

Offline jerrygeb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get outside!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2007, 04:15 PM »
Rocky Snowstalker Extremes. Don't even need the heavy socks.

8)
Too many hobbies, and too little time!

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2007, 04:20 PM »
Been gonna get  a new pair myself and kinda descided on the LaCrosse Ice Kings as they sound like what I want.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2007, 04:36 PM »

I've had the LaCrosse Ice Kings for about ten years now ... great investment.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Lonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2007, 04:46 PM »
I bought a very expensive pair of columbia boots to fish in.  Then I found a pair of lacrosse boots on sale under a hundred bucks.  There the Polar extreme 10" boot.  To this day I haven't been back in the columbia boot.

The lacrosse with the felt liner is the only way to go.

Good luck on your purchase.

Lonzo

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2007, 05:45 PM »
thanks for all the positives on the icemans guys. I would not be without them fishing ,hunting or in this -20 we have right now.

HIMO
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2007, 06:35 PM »
Not sure if they are just in Canada or not, but Sorel makes some pretty good boots...it seems to me some are rated to -70 C...my boots are just about kaput...it will be time to replace them very soon.
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2007, 06:41 PM »
I've got a pair of "Rocky Icestalkers" I love them, they're only 1000 gram, but, I fish tip-ups and haven't been cold yet. Plus they have fold down steel cleats built into them. They are a little heavy though.

Offline BillB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2007, 07:50 PM »
Sorels use to be made in Canada. Now they are a division of Columbia and are made in China. I use to like the Sorel Caribou's when they were made in Canada. I've since switched over to Kamik's and have been impressed with the quality. However, they no way compare to the LaCrosse "Ice Mans" (-80 rating) or the LaCrosse "Ice Kings" (-150 rating) in the warm department. I own a pair of the Ice Kings and have never had cold feet when it's nasty cold. I switch over to the Kamiks when the temps warm up. Walking in the Ice Kings is some kinda fun too. ::)  All said, I still think the Micky Mouse boots beat um all in the warm department. Oh yeah, the LaCross boots are now made in China, but the quality seems to be there. 

Offline monk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2007, 10:09 PM »
first boots I had were rocky snow stackers,these were expensive junk-didn't keep my feet warm at all.Next went to micky mouse-I used these boots for years and even put chain on the bottoms for traction. These boots are great but are extremely heavy and as i got older walking a few miles out on lake erie got old. One day I needed a quick pair of boots for outside work (timber -logging ) and bought a pair from tractor supply. They worked out great for work and I tried them out on the ice with no cold feet or at least the same comforte level as the mouse boots. These boots are very cheap and the only problem is the liners wear out every year and tractor does not sell new ones.Try them- for the price you can't beat em. monk

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2007, 10:15 PM »
I have a pair of Rocky Jasper pac boots, not expensive at all. only about $50 I also would reccoment investing in a pair of these insoles that you can slip a foot warmer into. i can't think of the brand name but they work awesome. only about $10 bucks. Not the most expensive set up in the world, but my feet are always nice and toasty!  :tipup: GD

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2007, 10:57 PM »
I have a pair of Rocky Jasper pac boots, not expensive at all. only about $50 I also would reccoment investing in a pair of these insoles that you can slip a foot warmer into. i can't think of the brand name but they work awesome. only about $10 bucks. Not the most expensive set up in the world, but my feet are always nice and toasty!  :tipup: GD
i bought the baffin rubber boot, with felt, and it cost me around 40.00.  i have never been cold with these boots.  we get cold weather up here, and they keep my feet warm, during ice fishing, running the dogs for rabbits, etc.  I also have another boot, and the mickey boot, but i choose the baffin.  Light weight, and it keeps my feet warm.

Offline cagetrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Warm Boots for Ice Fishing..I made up my mind..BUT....
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2007, 11:47 PM »
I'm going to go and get the Lacrosse Ice Kings..I like the -150 below boot...I need that.

But...where should I go and get a pair..Gander Mountain?

Stan

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:07 AM »
Whatever you buy, get them plenty big-maybe a size larger than normal.  Make sure the elastic in your socks isn't slowing blood flow to/from your feet.   Circulation is as important as insulation.

Offline chillywillie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine
« Reply #21 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:58 AM »
I love my Cabelas Predator Extreme's.

Offline aquaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • This is what we do and when we do it.
« Reply #22 on: Feb 05, 2007, 07:14 AM »
I've got a pair of "Rocky Icestalkers" I love them, they're only 1000 gram, but, I fish tip-ups and haven't been cold yet. Plus they have fold down steel cleats built into them. They are a little heavy though.

(Image removed from quote.)
Love those ice stalkers. NO MORE STRPPIN RUBBER CLEATS ON AND OFF.
I remember  EVERY DAY  I Hunted or Fished, .......The other days I...uh....umm.....must a did somethin, else.

Offline PCB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 05, 2007, 07:27 AM »
i have irish setters by red wing shoes.  1400 gram thinsulate, bought a gander mtn. :tipup:

i have the same ones.... have never got cold wearing them... and i was out yesterday in 6 deg w/ -15 wind chill, wearing only a thin pair of cotton athletic socks
'Its either me or ice fishing' she says... i still have my jiffy

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 05, 2007, 08:16 AM »
rocky snowstalkers, i wear regular socks. and they keep feet from getting wet.

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #25 on: Feb 05, 2007, 08:30 AM »
I love my Cabelas Predator Extreme's.

That's what I have. very warm.  I'm on my third pair of laces though, the lacing eyes chew them up for some reason.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #26 on: Feb 05, 2007, 08:41 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I was looking at those when they first came two years ago. The only thing that made me hesitant was the thought that the snow/ice would get in the cleats and lock them open ..... any problems ?

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline PolarEscape

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 05, 2007, 09:03 AM »
I have the Cabela's TRans Alaskan Boots, Very bulky but very warm never had cold feet in them. If your going to do alot of walking they are probably not the best choice unless your looking for a gfood workout then you got one cheaper than going to the gym, I like the workout I get from them. You can't drive on the lakes here in Pennsylvania. I could probably get away with a lighter boot but I don't like cold feet, and once I find the fish I usually don't move too much. I seem to be lucky and find good schools everytime out, if they stop bitting I move to the next school, but my feet need to be warm. I have had my boots for 8 years, Still in great shape.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 05, 2007, 10:08 AM »
I got a pair of Lacrosse Snowdonias from Sierra Trading Post for around 40 bucks.  They are pretty much worthless for walking in, but man, are they warm. I have been out in -20 weather without getting cold.

Offline fishercat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #29 on: Feb 05, 2007, 10:15 AM »
I also have the Cabela's Trans Alaskan Boots, they are warm, but it has been said they are bulky. They are  also comfortable.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.