The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Cold Today!!  (Read 1815 times)

Offline FLI-FSHR

• IceShanty Rookie
Cold Today!!
« on: Feb 03, 2007, 08:49 PM »
Who all hit the ice today... one of the worst days i have fished in a while.  Pike were hittin like crazy, nothing over 27 inches, but all over 20.  Total of 7 and a few hit and misses.  how did yall do??

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
Re: Cold Today!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:27 PM »
Out on Peach/Ogemaw for 5 hours today, but headed in before the storm hit.  Cold out, but in the Clam with a heater and everything was fine.  Slow fishing, only 4 perch caught and released, but lots of fish marked on the sonar.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:29 PM »
ill be out tmrw. Suppost to be another wicked day

ill leave a report when I get back
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline thecanoeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:34 PM »
Lousy... we were just south of 16 mi rd. on Lk. ST. Clair and we caught 2 perch, then we went to the raft and caught Zilch. we did see about a 30 inch Musky check out our bait but that was it.
And I agree this was one of the worst condition's I've ever fished in.

HEY ! FLI-FSHR  maybe you would want to share where you caught those Northerns. because I promised my 17 yr old nephew and his friend I would take them tomorrow, it's their first time ice fishing and I would like to show them any kind of action even if they are on the small side. and yes I did try to talk them out of going tomorrow ( because of the #%&*#$! weather) but they have hearts set on going. or if anybody has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
thank you.

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:37 PM »
not a clue...I have been fishin the raft too with no luck at all...

Offline cagetrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta Love the Vexilar FL 18:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Ah.......500 Yards out on Reeds Lake today...Caught 12 Doinks which were Specks..and a 4" Bluegill...the only thing I dreaded was looking at the Fire Barns which looked like a TOY and saying to myself..I have to walk all the way back..

I did call my favorite radio station 91.3 and John told me that the wind chill was at 25 Below...

I left..but at least I went.

Got in my Grand Jeep Cherokee Limited and went out for a Delicious Coffee and Hamburger..

Ya'll Take care...It's going to be a c-c-cold one out there again tomorrow..

Stan
Stan's Predator and Varmint Control

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2007, 10:26 PM »
I was out on pine lake in Allegan county.  The temp was -2 Fahrenheit at 7:00 a.m in the morning.  I was fishing for gills and specs...fishing was slow and size was on the small side.  I had two lanterns going in the shanty just to keep it tolerable.  The shanty looked like a ice cave inside.  My fishing partner froze up solid on me and was tearing up on me when we got back to the car........Wuss.  LOL.  Keep all your skin covered if you go out tomorrow.  As for me.....I think I am going to chase momma around the house for a while :o

Love, Peace and Chicken Grease.
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline fishinboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2007, 12:37 AM »
I didn't make it out today, but a few of my buddies made it out and caught six pike, the largest at 36" or so.  Makes me wish that I went out, but I should definitely be out next weekend.  Tight lines.
-Ryan

Offline Bgreen02

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2007, 12:41 AM »
I had every intention on going out this morning but took one step outside and realized I would need my shanty and it is still up north. Going to pick it up tomorrow after work and head out on Tuesday night.

Team M.I.R.C Rock bass. It's whats for dinner.

Offline FLI-FSHR

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2007, 12:26 PM »
I caught em on a private lake in Oakland Co.   My friend livs on the lake so thats how were were able to fish it.

Offline gordify

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2007, 12:39 PM »
Ah.......500 Yards out on Reeds Lake today...Caught 12 Doinks which were Specks..and a 4" Bluegill...the only thing I dreaded was looking at the Fire Barns which looked like a TOY and saying to myself..I have to walk all the way back..

I did call my favorite radio station 91.3 and John told me that the wind chill was at 25 Below...

I left..but at least I went.

Got in my Grand Jeep Cherokee Limited and went out for a Delicious Coffee and Hamburger..

Ya'll Take care...It's going to be a c-c-cold one out there again tomorrow..
Hey, I was out there to. But I didn't go out that far, stayed in front of the boat launch and caught a few small gills and 3 perch.

Stan's Predator and Varmint Control

Offline Bajafishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2007, 12:41 PM »
Fished Baw Beese Lake in Hillsdale for couple of hours. No bites except for almost frost bite! Worst conditions I've ever fished in. Our heater quit working. So we bailed out and went out for a alte breakfast. I'll try again next weekend if it's not below zero.

Offline Reel-Easy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2007, 12:54 PM »
Yes it was but I was still able to catch a few fish on baw beese lake, not to many but I didn't stay out to long even with a shanty. Caught about 10-15 haven't cleaned them yet, but they will be done and fried for the game.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.