Author Topic: AquaVu Scout junk????  (Read 1436 times)

Offline bobfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
AquaVu Scout junk????
« on: Feb 03, 2007, 04:26 PM »
Bought an AquaVu Scout from Fleet Farm 2 weeks ago, assembled it and the camera worked fine in my den warm and dry.  Finally got it out on the water last weekend and every time I lowered it below the ice on the Big Eau Pleine flowage, the picture went all gray.  I do not think the water was that cloudy, picture showed inside the hole sometimes.  When I pulled it out, there was still no picture unless I wiggled the light and contrast knobs on top and held them down, but as soon as I lowered it into the water again, the pictured disappeared.  I wasted a lot of fishing time fooling with the knobs, and sometimes when I held them down, I got a picture above water, but it didn't last long even above water.  Is this thing junk and I should take it back???  Anybody else had any experience??  Do you think the last runs were really cheap made as they were ready to close them out???  Did the early models work???

Offline happy perch fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: AquaVu Scout junk????
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2007, 04:38 PM »
While maybe the water was really dirty or u hit the bottom of the lake and sent silt come up. Plus if it works some times it ussualy means u did something right. i would try changing brightness and stuff like that. Maybe it pulling on the cord that comes from the camera into the monitor everytime u drop in. Make sure it not to tight there.
Or u could of sturred up ground water or u have it laying on bottom. ???

Offline happy perch fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2007, 04:38 PM »
try testing in it a bucket. U probally just have to adjust sets

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2007, 04:55 PM »
Check too see if there is water in the "fish". Tip it foreward and see if you can see water behind the lens inside the camera. I have seen leaky cameras before. Tell tale sign is that it works great at home, but once she goes down the hole...... ;D

Nature Vision will back it, but you may need to ship it back to them. When an Aqua Vu is working properly, you can see in very dirty water. Unless you are trying to look through mud, there is some problem with the unit. Call Nature Vision, they are some very nice folks.

Offline kemp14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2007, 07:05 PM »
I have an AquaVu Scout and i thing it works great. havent had any problems with mine.

Offline walbra60

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAG------------STAFF, ARIZONA
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2007, 09:34 PM »
i bought one and never experienced any problems with mine. actually i love it. it does a good job.
i love the gander mountain discount.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.