Author Topic: Atlantis Underwater Camera Systems ??  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Lobo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hang in There !
Atlantis Underwater Camera Systems ??
« on: Feb 01, 2007, 02:55 PM »
Hi Everyone,
 Have any of you ever used an Atlantis Camera System ? Although I usually keep my ice gear simple and inexpensive, I have always wanted an underwater carera and am considering ordering one. It's between the Atlantis SportCam ll and the Aqua-Vu Scout.  Both are on sale and close to the same price.I have heard a lot both pro and con about the Scout but nothing about the Atlantis.

Any information pro or con would be appreciated

Thanks
Ross in Greenville, Mi.

God made the world 3/4 water and 1/4 land. So it's plain that he meant for us to fish 3/4 of the time and work 1/4 !

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: Atlantis Underwater Camera Systems ??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2007, 08:57 AM »
A friend of mine has one of these and it works very good. I think the Aqua-Vu is less bulky. If they are priced similar portability would be the feature I'd home in on.

:tipup:

Oh yeah!
Service is another factor, no electronic anything lasts forever. Last year my boy contacted them to get his heavily used and abused unit repaired. He got an exchange for about $100.00 (ZT Series).

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Lobo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hang in There !
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2007, 12:14 PM »
A friend of mine has one of these and it works very good. I think the Aqua-Vu is less bulky. If they are priced similar portability would be the feature I'd home in on.

Oh yeah!
Service is another factor, no electronic anything lasts forever. Last year my boy contacted them to get his heavily used and abused unit repaired. He got an exchange for about $100.00 (ZT Series).

Thanks Lobes,

Your right there, service is a concern I thought of that too. The AquaVu is a little more money but not that much. I did like a couple features on the Atlantis though like 
combining colored lights with the infrared similar to (I think) the Spectral lights on the higher priced AquaVu but not on the model on sale.

The way things are looking now I may have to put off buying one for a while anyway.

Safe Ice and Tight Lines to Ya
Ross in Greenville, Mi.

God made the world 3/4 water and 1/4 land. So it's plain that he meant for us to fish 3/4 of the time and work 1/4 !

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2007, 08:59 AM »
I would go for the infra-red lights next time. The lights you can actually see are devastating to the fish. If you can fish with someone that has one of these, have them hit the lights when there are fish on the camera. You will be impressed how fast a large group of fish can vacate an area. It's almost like a fish explosion. They hate those things!!!

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Lobo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hang in There !
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:22 AM »
I would go for the infra-red lights next time. The lights you can actually see are devastating to the fish. If you can fish with someone that has one of these, have them hit the lights when there are fish on the camera. You will be impressed how fast a large group of fish can vacate an area. It's almost like a fish explosion. They hate those things!!!

Thanks again Lobes. I have wondered weather those lights would attract or spook the fish. I have pretty much decided if I get one it will be the Aqua-Vu Scout especially since the 2 on sale are only $20 difference in price.
Ross in Greenville, Mi.

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2007, 08:59 PM »

You know Lobes we have had this conversation before I would have to disagree with you on the one...I was FIANLLY able to use my camera when it was getting dark out and I was just curious on how the lights would affect the fish and if it would scare them away...I turned it on and actually flickered it a couple times and The perch and gills that were around did not even acknoledge the lights...If I was fortunate enough to have a Camcorder with a vid input I would love to show you some proof but until then youll just have to take my word...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.